Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I'm on the Weight Loss train!. Woot Woot!.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job bro! A good low impact exercise is a speed bag. I used to box a bit in my younger days and if you take the time to wrap your hands or buy some good bag gloves the soreness to your hands will be minimal until you get used to it. I'm at 229 now and if I can get to 200 even I'll be happy.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Bowsight: Left Index Finger
    E.W. Bateman Cordovan Tab
    Barnett Jackal

The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you two. I actually have one of those punching/ kick bags filled with sand. I was using it before but with a bad back and bad right knee I was having too much pain. i don't have much of any shock absorption between the L4- and L5 disk, That's why they retired me early. I can't even run anymore. It's jsut pure pain. I can do a lot of walking without a pack but as soon as i put my backpack, the distance I can hike is less. I do take a lot of breaks but as long as I do it in moderation..I can get things done. The Doctor monitors me and told me to not over due anything, drink a lot of water. The worst thing I can do is sit in my lazyboy all day long. That's what i was doing before. Sitting or sleeping half the day away, get up to eat, get the kid ready for school and go right back to sleep. now that hunting is right around the corner and the bow is ready, I've been doing a lot of metal detecting...A lot of walking without thinking that I'm exercising. I love that Stevia stuff..no more regular sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Congrats on the loss DS!

A.S
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Arrow View Post
    Good job bro! A good low impact exercise is a speed bag. I used to box a bit in my younger days and if you take the time to wrap your hands or buy some good bag gloves the soreness to your hands will be minimal until you get used to it. I'm at 229 now and if I can get to 200 even I'll be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Ever try one of those inversion tables? A bud of mine says it really works for his back pain.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Bowsight: Left Index Finger
    E.W. Bateman Cordovan Tab
    Barnett Jackal

The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have a Teeters inversion table. I get on it everyday. I love it, It does lessen the pain but it's not a cure. I will have some pain, discomfort for the rest of my life It's been bearable the last two years, but it's still aggravated from my drive up from California this past July. The excessive pain usually goes away by now. I'm crossing my fingers that My back doesn't go out the first few days of September archery. I've already gone through my backpack and removed items I really don't need. I almost forgot...I spoke to my Doctor the other day about my longer than normal above average back pain. He stated that the weight loss could cause the pain. In the long run, I am healthier but when I was way more overweight and injured my body got used to walking and moving a certain way. Now that I've lost a lot of weight my body posture is different and my posture is better, my body is trying to get accustomed to the change. I hope I didn't confuse anybody. lol. I do have Arthritis right above the surgery location too by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Arrow View Post
    Ever try one of those inversion tables? A bud of mine says it really works for his back pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats DS, keep at it my friend. I was 260#s at 6foot 1inch two years ago, I have been 208 for the last year and 3/4. I drink water and black coffee, got rid of all pop and processed drinks. Fast food has become a treat not a weekly event, funny thing is I eat anything I want just not as much or as often. I take a multivitamin and keep active. Kep up the great work and stay active.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chip. I do drink coffee plus green tea, no sugar no milk. I drink a lot of water too. I cut a lot of sugar out of most things and I use stevia now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Congrats DS, keep at it my friend. I was 260#s at 6foot 1inch two years ago, I have been 208 for the last year and 3/4. I drink water and black coffee, got rid of all pop and processed drinks. Fast food has become a treat not a weekly event, funny thing is I eat anything I want just not as much or as often. I take a multivitamin and keep active. Kep up the great work and stay active.