Thread: Help, I want a new rest. I need advice.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help, I want a new rest. I need advice.

Hey guys. I would like to update my 2007 Martin with a new rest. I need advice as well as a lesson. What do you guys use? I have a mid to low price range. ( I have three kids, need I say more?) What types do Martin bows happily accept, or dislike? Drop away or captured? Any and all advice will be so helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

I use a trophy taker shakey hunter rest now,been using a trophy ridge drop zone,both nice rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Your gonna get a ton of different answers with this one. I only use the Ripcord, full containment drop away. The wife likes her QAD also a full containment drop away. I have had good experiences with the NAP quick tune 360 and the Octane Hostage. If you shop around you can find a QAD "hunter" full containment drop away for somewhere around $40-$50.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Trophy Taker smack down. it's easy to set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, it looks like trophy taker is in the lead! What kind of price range is that in?
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

Are any of these ok for fob's? Just asking.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 96xjclassic View Post
    Hey guys. I would like to update my 2007 Martin with a new rest. I need advice as well as a lesson. What do you guys use? I have a mid to low price range. ( I have three kids, need I say more?) What types do Martin bows happily accept, or dislike? Drop away or captured? Any and all advice will be so helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    I'm using 2011 RIPCORD CODE RED, is not quite the cheeper rest you an find ( i got it for 71 bucks ) but at least I'm ok with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, is the apache on the bow or what?
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear

2012 Martin Cougar FC, Fury XT cam
    CE PileDriver arrow, 535 grains
    Speed: unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your Apache works out I really liked mine but after going to two shops and trying everything under the sun could not get the left tail kick out unless you seriously torqued the bow. Very easy to set up though. Put my old WB back on and am shooting bullets thru paper all the way out to 20yds with a bare shaft and three different types of fletched arrows. Sold mint on AT for $45.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Have you had a chance to try the Apache out yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by deerchser View Post
    Well, is the apache on the bow or what?
    Sorry to keep you guys waiting so long. My family has been in the middle of a move and my wife was having some health issues. She's better now, so no worries.
    I finally got the Apache put on last night! I took about 5 shots with it after work today. I must say its nice. I figured I would have to make a few adjustments, but I was shooting 2" groupings right from the get go. So I am really impressed. I need to go get my new arrows cut so I can try out the fobs I bought. Thanks for all the help guys. Sorry again for the delay. Here are 2 pictures. Hopefully this ends the cliff hanger.
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images