Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help, I want a new rest. I need advice.

Post Thanks / Like

I like this rest because it's full containment even at rest. Simply push down on the back side with your thumb & your locked & loaded. Will not trip out untill your at full draw. The improved Code Red will stay locked till you shoot so if you need to let down it's still ready to go. A nice feature that the first ones don't have. You can normally find a used one on At $40 and up. New the cheapet I've seen them is $62.

This is the first generation Ripcord on my Bowtech.

This is the improved Code Red Ripcord. I don't like the red at all.

I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

The Alien I just picked up has a QAD mounted to it. Going to see how I like that before I really judge them any further. I still have a feeling I'll end up with either an Apache or a limb driven rest.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Trophy Ridge Dropzone, Ive tried other rests and I keep coming back to it. Its simple and it works very well.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Are these capture rests compatible with fob's? Or is it just drop away?
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 96xjclassic View Post
    Thanks looks cool. Are there any moving parts
    None. Thus, no chance of mechanical failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Only thing bad about bodoodle,WB,Octane pro,you better have perfect form everytime because if you dont they will magnify any torque,and produce bad shots and habits.
    If dont feel comfortable with a dropaway then go with a QAD or code red type of rest,they are the best of both worlds.
    I personally haven't had a problem with this. I've been shooting the Zapper for about four years and before that I shot the Bodoodle Pro Lite. I can also assure you that I don't have perfect form. These rests are very accurate. Torque will effect any shooter, because the result of torque is the bow being twisted.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my TT Smack down.

Post Thanks / Like

@OP i would go with a TT rest many to choose from,Put some felt like double S has and you good to go.Another thing about those bodoodle rest is you use that silencing tape on the forks ends to quiet arrow on draw and for me they didint last to long....but that's my personel opinion as i have used one before.

Pics of mine,shakey hunter model............ya i need better camera....lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Speedykills; 02-11-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

you can go with GWS Strike Force V-Drop Drop for $20 buck on ebay and they hold up very well you have both up & down & right and left adjustments Just change the pull cord to a better cord its to stiff you will not reget it
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Default man, this is so hard.

I wish like 5 of you liked the same one. Then I could focus a little more on that one. Looks like I got a lot of homework to do.
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nap quiktune1000

Have you guys heard of this rest? It's a drop away with a cord. I found it on eBay for $40. What do you guys think?