Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: I need a good, free, and safe music download site.

  1. #1
    Senior Member NuttyNative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fernley Nevada
    Posts
    587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I need a good, free, and safe music download site.

    I'm not too up on all the music download sites but would like to be able to burn some custom cd's in either MP3 or music format. Anyone have any favorites? I use playlist for my computer music but it won't allow me to download or burn my music.
    I'm a Lefty


    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

  2. #2
    Super Moderator bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To tell the truth I get a lot of music for my underwater videos by just going to the local library and bringing home about 20 discs at a time. I only need to listen to parts of a couple songs to see if it fits my needs. I could listen to them at the library except that my disc player in my laptop quit. Just recently I picked up a new laptop so that should save me running back and forth.

    There's always ITunes and then there's this site called Jamendo. I'm not up on all this stuff. What's Playlist? Maybe that's your problem.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

  3. #3
    Senior Member NuttyNative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fernley Nevada
    Posts
    587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's a link to it. It may take you to one of my playlists? I'm not too up on this kind of stuff. I HATE ITunes, that's why I got rid of my IPhone. I'll give that Jamendo a look see. I just create a playlist of what suits the mood to listen to while I'm surfin the net.
    http://www.playlist.com/playlist/13373917195
    Last edited by NuttyNative; 02-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    I'm a Lefty


    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Jennings, LA
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here is what you can do.

    Download software from CNET that allows you do record anything that comes out of your laptops soundcard.
    Download software that allows you to edit the music file that will be created i.e. split the file in multiple parts.
    Install both programs
    Go to your favorite music site and start listening with the audio recorder on.
    Once you are done save the file and use the editor to break the file up into the songs.
    Do with the resultant music files what you will.
    I make no assertion that this is legal or ethical I am just explaining a way to capture output on your PC and cannot be responsible for what does or does not happen for using said advice.

  5. #5
    Senior Member NuttyNative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fernley Nevada
    Posts
    587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    Here is what you can do.

    Download software from CNET that allows you do record anything that comes out of your laptops soundcard.
    Download software that allows you to edit the music file that will be created i.e. split the file in multiple parts.
    Install both programs
    Go to your favorite music site and start listening with the audio recorder on.
    Once you are done save the file and use the editor to break the file up into the songs.
    Do with the resultant music files what you will.
    I make no assertion that this is legal or ethical I am just explaining a way to capture output on your PC and cannot be responsible for what does or does not happen for using said advice.
    It'll take me the rest of the week to understand what you just said . I'll look into it though.
    I'm a Lefty


    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Arrow Splitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gilmanton, NH, United States
    Posts
    3,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Realplayer (http://www.real.com/), which is totally free, allows you to download most videos and music clips from the internet. I personally use it, and it works well. I've downloaded many videos and used Realplayer to convert them to audio format (MP3, WMA etc.).

    I hope this helps.

    A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Arrow Splitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gilmanton, NH, United States
    Posts
    3,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    I HATE ITunes, that's why I got rid of my IPhone.
    MediaMonkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com/information/free/) supports the same file types that Itunes does, and it works with the Apple Ipod. I've never tried it with an Iphone, but it probably would work.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member Simple Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Up here
    Posts
    999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You can also use this link to convert you tube videos to MP3,works pretty good.

    http://www.video2mp3.net/index.php
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

  9. #9
    Senior Member NuttyNative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fernley Nevada
    Posts
    587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Realplayer (http://www.real.com/), which is totally free, allows you to download most videos and music clips from the internet. I personally use it, and it works well. I've downloaded many videos and used Realplayer to convert them to audio format (MP3, WMA etc.).

    I hope this helps.

    A.S
    I have real player on the computer but thought it was for video only. Don't know about all this converting stuff. My wife use to use limewire till she got two different viruses. I need something simple that will allow me to save/download a song and burn it.
    I'm a Lefty


    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Arrow Splitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gilmanton, NH, United States
    Posts
    3,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    I have real player on the computer but thought it was for video only. Don't know about all this converting stuff. My wife use to use limewire till she got two different viruses. I need something simple that will allow me to save/download a song and burn it.
    Realplayer handles audio and video. After looking at the link you gave, I believe the only way to get music from a player like that would be to record it and then convert it to .MP3 format like Sharxfan said. This of course may or may not be legal. To convert a file means to take one file type and change it to another.

    Example: You have a .wav sound file and want it to be a .MP3 file.
    1. Open Realplayer Converter from your start menu.
    2. Drag and drop the file into the converter.
    3. You'll see a section just under where you dragged the file to with a file type in it. Click the arrow and select .MP3 from the list.
    4. Right under that you'll see a drop down menu with a output folder. Make sure you select where you want the file to go (if you want it to go to your music folder, select that).
    5.Click "Start".
    6. When finished, you should have a .MP3 file in your output folder that you selected.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •