Thread: 2012 cross fire

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 cross fire

anyone on here know anything about the crossfire or had any experiences with it. it looks like it might be my next martin bow, its the shortest bow they currently make at 29.5 ata, its also the lightest i think at 3.3 or 3.2, but i think the exile pro is 3.3 as well. it has dual nitro 2.0 cams which is a plus, so it looks like a super short, powerful treestand bow, which hunting is my primary concern and use for my bow. however, even with the dual cams, martins website only claims it shoots 320-330 fps. which is no faster than the exile or bengal, and it pretty much has the same setup as martins more powerful bows but they dont claim its that fast. and reguardless of your opinion of whether speed matters or not, it matters to me so thats why im wondering if this is possible a typo or the bow just has weaker limbs than other martin bows

Post Thanks / Like

I have always wondered why the Crossfire is slower than the other Nitro cammed bows. I think I just figured it out. On the website they aren't rating it at the IBO standard of 70#, 350 grain arrow, 30" draw. They are using 70#, 350 Grn arrow and 29" draw. I think they are using the 1.5 cams instead of 2.0 cause the DL won't go to 30" on the Crossfire. I'm not sure on this but that is what I think.
    Last edited by MLN1963; 02-11-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's the deal with the rating also.The bow doesn't go to 30" so can't be tested at IBO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

in pictures and on the martins site it says it has the 2.0 cams, which i guess could be a miss print. the draw length does make since, but you cannot tell me that a single cam exile shoots the same speed as the crossfire even if they both have the 1x limbs. the exile also has a short draw lenght and its like 30.25 ata so in my opinion there should be a difference. but i thinkg if you could get an ibo it should rate at like 340. Then again when are any from any bow company correct. I hear martin is pretty honest whith theirs, and i know bowtech is honest because ive seen bowtech bows on a chrono with heavier arrows still getting up there, but companies like pse, they are always way off even if you use the right grain everything, they still will not shoot what they claim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    in pictures and on the martins site it says it has the 2.0 cams, which i guess could be a miss print. the draw length does make since, but you cannot tell me that a single cam exile shoots the same speed as the crossfire even if they both have the 1x limbs. the exile also has a short draw lenght and its like 30.25 ata so in my opinion there should be a difference. but i thinkg if you could get an ibo it should rate at like 340. Then again when are any from any bow company correct. I hear martin is pretty honest whith theirs, and i know bowtech is honest because ive seen bowtech bows on a chrono with heavier arrows still getting up there, but companies like pse, they are always way off even if you use the right grain everything, they still will not shoot what they claim
    Im gonna have to slightly disagree with you here...Not bashing Martin, but Ive had two bows that wouldnt reach IBO. an 07 Cougar, and a 08 Firecat Pro-x...All others in our family would reach it.
    PSE...our shop doesnt have a problem at all getting IBO, even from Factory...The Evo was off once in a while...
    Bowtech... ehhh, maybe? about all I can say there

Just my personal experiences though...take it for what they are worth