Thread: Onza III & Trophy Ridge Revolution

Post Thanks / Like

Default Onza III & Trophy Ridge Revolution

Do they work together? YES they do!

I got my new Revolution yesterday afternoon, but didn't have time to really play with it other than take it out of the package. Today I got up bright eyed and bushy tailed and set to work. Right off I could see that it was going to have the same issue I had with my Apache; clearance with the bridge (specifically the medalion). After a while, not being able to get the rest close enough to the riser I was almost ready to give up and put my biscuit back on!

I took a break and came back to it after lunch, to really look at what I had. I had to find that "sweet spot" where the rest could turn w/out hitting either the bridge or the arrow shelf; it had to be centered exactly between the two to give it the best maneuverability left and right. In the end it ended up having a hair's breadth front and back, with the rest pushed right towards the riser as much as possible.

I took it back to my paper rack to see what I had, and pow, straight down tear nock low! Whew! I adjusted my nock up and headed out to my range to do a walk back, no issues there either, so I set my sights, and I'm in business!

Other than the clearance issues, the rest was easy to set up, is quiet, and has no clearance issues. I am very pleased.

photobucket-36389-1328993788655.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wscywabbit; 02-11-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! I'm still considering giving this rest a try. How is loading the arrow, do you cock the arm and then "weave" the arrow into place?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, it comes with a foam keeper for the arrow shelf. So you nock an arrow, set it in the valley of the keeper, and rotate the rest to lock it into place. The last part you can either do with the hand you nock the arrow or with the thumb of the hand holding the bow's grip.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Even better! Definitely considering this rest and a TT Smackdown, might get a wild hair up my rear and spring for the new carbon apache too ...
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff