Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sos rubber module replacement

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sos rubber module replacement

is there still any where to get a replacement rubber module for the 2011 martin sos system, yes i still have sos and the trg i never converted because it has never given me any real problems, plus my exile doesnt have a hole drilled in the rear of the riser to put a traditional string stopper of my choice anyway, so when i got it i had to put the sos on it. anyway the rubber module is cracking and wearing out, which is expected after hundreds of shots with my bow maxed out, and id like to get a couple spare replacements while they are still around because i plan on shooting this bow about 2 more years before my next hunting bow. Martins store does not carry them, amazon and ebay carry the sos, and amazon used to sell the replacement rubber modules, but i cannot find them now. And martin has never replied to any of my emails in the past, so i doubt they reply to this one, maybe i should call them

Post Thanks / Like

I would call them, see what your options are. I have emailed them in the past, and have always gotten a response, just not always in a timely manner. I'm sure CS will take care of you though!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I hear a lot of people complaining aboout them not answering emails. I think you're always better off calling and talking to Joel in the warranty dept. Don'r forget they are on PST and the warranty dept goes home at noon on Friday. 1-800-541-8902
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin reply

Hi evrybody, im'm a new member and i'd like to introduce myself.
    I'm from Italy and i got a 2011 Martin Exile last summer. This my first bow and started to shoot with it.
    There's no way for me to compare this bow with other models or brand but i'm really at ease with it.
    When i received it from USA shop the seller said that TRG is no more available on Martin bow due to problem on the cables.
    I tryed to contact Martin via e-mail but never got an answer.
    Anyway i've ridden that somebody server the cable and then waxed, in the part in contact with the TRG to prevent damages.
    Does anybody know how to install the CCS on 2011 Martin Exile. My riser seems not to have drilled holes to apply it.
    I'm tired about cable rod and slider.
    Thank you to everyone and specially to those who can give me usefull answers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    Hi evrybody, im'm a new member and i'd like to introduce myself.
    I'm from Italy and i got a 2011 Martin Exile last summer. This my first bow and started to shoot with it.
    There's no way for me to compare this bow with other models or brand but i'm really at ease with it.
    When i received it from USA shop the seller said that TRG is no more available on Martin bow due to problem on the cables.
    I tryed to contact Martin via e-mail but never got an answer.
    Anyway i've ridden that somebody server the cable and then waxed, in the part in contact with the TRG to prevent damages.
    Does anybody know how to install the CCS on 2011 Martin Exile. My riser seems not to have drilled holes to apply it.
    I'm tired about cable rod and slider.
    Thank you to everyone and specially to those who can give me usefull answers.
    welcome to the forum.
    your bow will not take the CCS,i wish the would but it wont.so you will have to use the standard rod and slide.

Post Thanks / Like

Superfly,

Welcome to the Martin Tech Forums. Before we start sending you a wild goose chase maybe you could email the warranty dept directly with this question. Try emailing joel@martinarchery.com
    He's an administrator here and works for Martin in their warranty dept so can answer any questions you have. If he doesn't get back to you then let us know.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    is there still any where to get a replacement rubber module for the 2011 martin sos system, yes i still have sos and the trg i never converted because it has never given me any real problems, plus my exile doesnt have a hole drilled in the rear of the riser to put a traditional string stopper of my choice anyway, so when i got it i had to put the sos on it. anyway the rubber module is cracking and wearing out, which is expected after hundreds of shots with my bow maxed out, and id like to get a couple spare replacements while they are still around because i plan on shooting this bow about 2 more years before my next hunting bow. Martins store does not carry them, amazon and ebay carry the sos, and amazon used to sell the replacement rubber modules, but i cannot find them now. And martin has never replied to any of my emails in the past, so i doubt they reply to this one, maybe i should call them
    The part number you need for the replacement rubber is 8811R. Give them a call, they should have them in stock.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trg/sos

So if Martin is aware the the TRG/SOS is a problem and they are obviously not producing thier bows with it on them then what is thier solution for those of us who have it on our bows, I do not intend on having to replace my strings and cabels twice a year. I too have sent a few e-mails about this and have gotten no response! I do love the bow but if I cant get this fixed, I'll not be a happy camper. I had no spending limit on buying my new bow last year and chose this bow due to its performance, looks, speed, feel, and I would be happy to replace this with a cabel slide and sts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WileyJ View Post
    So if Martin is aware the the TRG/SOS is a problem and they are obviously not producing thier bows with it on them then what is thier solution for those of us who have it on our bows, .
    welcome to the forum
    if it is cause you problem then you need to call martin CS and speak with someone and they will ship you a sts and rod/slide.martin is taking care of thouse who have issues with it,but not everyone is haveing problems with it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WileyJ View Post
    So if Martin is aware the the TRG/SOS is a problem and they are obviously not producing thier bows with it on them then what is thier solution for those of us who have it on our bows, I do not intend on having to replace my strings and cabels twice a year. I too have sent a few e-mails about this and have gotten no response! I do love the bow but if I cant get this fixed, I'll not be a happy camper. I had no spending limit on buying my new bow last year and chose this bow due to its performance, looks, speed, feel, and I would be happy to replace this with a cabel slide and sts.
    A buddy of mine had to go through a dealer. He was told that they are not shipping the parts to the customer directly. You have to work through your dealer to get the parts because Martin wants the TRG & SOS returned to them.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version