Thread: alien x cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Default alien x cable slide

i have an alien x that i would like to convert to the cable slide system ! my question is does martin offer a kit to convert to slide ? i haven't seen one myself ! the online store i have in my favorites doesn't show anything like that. i thought if anyone would know they would be on here. thanks
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they have a kit that comes with the mount, rod and slide.I have one here and will see if I can find you the part number.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Yes they have a kit that comes with the mount, rod and slide.I have one here and will see if I can find you the part number.
    thanks greatly appreciated !
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

I dug my kit out but it doesn't have any id # or anything on it.
    I ordered it along with my Alien Z incase I decided to swap them out.
    Checked my receipt but it didnt show an itemized list.
    Give a call to Martin or your dealer and they should be able to hook you up.
    Sorry - thats all I got.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks spiker for your trouble! thats all i need to know that they do offer them. i made one for myself, if it shoots ok i will change out the other 2 with store boght slides. with the css there is a lot of space between it and my blazers. by moving it as close to the vanes as posible will help limb twist which is the cause of cam lean,didn't realize how much stress the css was putting on the cables thus causing limb twist,with the rod & the gray martin slide it moves the cables in considerable, the one i made the vanes just clear. it did not change the ATA or BRACE HT. might loose a couple lbs. of draw wt. i don't max mine out anyway. thanks again!
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

The cable guard bracket is CG4, the straight carbon rod is CG7C, the teflon slide is BP50.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    The cable guard bracket is CG4, the straight carbon rod is CG7C, the teflon slide is BP50.
    is it thru a dealer only or can i call customer service .

is thru a dealer only ? haven't seen it in the online store !

/
    Last edited by bowgramp59; 02-13-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Hey gramps im curious to what year your AX is and does it have barnsdale limbs!I have Barnsdale on mine and at 60# so far no cam lean.Also you might want to try shimming the ccs to were it has a little less pressure on the strings.I would think you wouldnt loose to much space to allow for big vanes or fobs.Anyway just something to think about before you buy the conversion kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Hey gramps im curious to what year your AX is and does it have barnsdale limbs!I have Barnsdale on mine and at 60# so far no cam lean.Also you might want to try shimming the ccs to were it has a little less pressure on the strings.I would think you wouldnt loose to much space to allow for big vanes or fobs.Anyway just something to think about before you buy the conversion kit.
    i have 2 09s & 1 2010 all have barnesdale limbs, i have put the newer cams on the 2 09s, was shooting 1 of the 09s and noticed the bottom cam had very bad cam lean, thats the reason i'm interested in the rod & slide
    conversion, blazers is all i will be using unless they quit making them. i just want the minium amount of clearence as i can get without the vanes hitting. i reversed the limbs on this 1 bow and put a slide system on it
    you can't believe how much it reduced the cam lean, there is very little if any on the top and bottom cams. i use a mechanical thing i came up with to draw the bow so i can see what is happening during all cycles of the draw.
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,