Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need new sights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need new sights

Working in garage today. Bumped my bow off my bow holder. It landed on the sights and broke them. Was using default sights for 2011 Martin exile. I need advice on what new sights to get. What do you guys like.

Also does anyone use tight spot quivers? Likes dislikes?

Tia

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the TruGlo Carbon XS on mine and love it. It isn't horribly expensive, but is a very nice sight in my opinion. Plan to get another for my next bow actually.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

HHA OL5519 is an awesome single pin (I have 2). The Tru Glo micro's are a good 5 pin sight (I have 2). Alot of people like Copper John's. Just depends on what your going to use it for.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand it anymore. I have to try one of the Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha V3 or V5 sights next. I heard verticals weren't great initially but they are supposed to have made big gains and people seems to like them now.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I've got the TruGlo Carbon XS on mine and love it. It isn't horribly expensive, but is a very nice sight in my opinion. Plan to get another for my next bow actually.
    I have this sight. For the money it isn't bad. Getting the pins set can be a PITA at times since they like to rotate as you tighten them. If you are patient and don't want to spend a lot of money this is a good option IMO.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I have this sight. For the money it isn't bad. Getting the pins set can be a PITA at times since they like to rotate as you tighten them. If you are patient and don't want to spend a lot of money this is a good option IMO.
    You are right about the pins shifting. It takes a little patience, yes. Saw your post about the Trophy Ridge sights, I was looking at those also, but don't know that I could shoot verticals. Guess I wouldn't know until I try though.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I use TruGlo Range Rover on my FC and have a XS on my Bear.Pretty decent sights for the money.I have a Copper John Dead Nuts Micro and put a CJ Saxon on the wifes bow.They are a well built sight and I like them alot.Just depends on how much you are willing to spend.Would also check the classifieds on AT,there is always good deals on there too.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I have trouble focusing on a single pin when using multi-pin sights. Therefor I use an HHA slider, but one thing I found out years ago when I dropped my bow from a treestand. I'll never own another sight with plastic parts. I'll pay the extra money and buy something made of machined aluminum; and that includes the sight guard---especially the sight guard. If you get a good sight to begin with it most likely will be the last one you have to buy. Same can be said for most other accessories.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

HHA OL 5519 slider, unobstructed field of view and and one very bright pin.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I just traded ehunter for a cobra boomslang 6+ sight,it has 6 0.19 pins and a nice orand glow ring and big level.It also has a place to put a light which i did and it really lights up pins.
    Cobra has some good stuff and there just north of me so any repairs wont take long.Anyway good luck on picking one out there a ton of sight on the market to choose from.