Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heard something interesting the other day...

Post Thanks / Like

what Joel said...X2

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you what happened to me one time while test firing a FC400 locally. I had shot a couple of arrows and was going to shoot again. I drew the bow back and shot when all hell broke loose. The owner and another guy were right there next to me in as much shock as I was. After the initial shock of it all we tried to figure out what went wrong. I noticed the Martin Test/Setup tag was on the ground all jacked up. What I think happened is that the tag got caught in the cam somehow and derailed the cable. I made a note to self and not buy that particular bow.

Maybe something like that happened to the Martin they tested and the bow is getting the blame for it.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Well Jake I wish you luck! A guy you work with huh? This would be at the new archery shop you started at? Too bad, sounds like you haven't got a lot of reliable experience working next to you! But, with a little honest effort you should be able to do really well! WOW! The Prowler is blowing apart arrows! THAT kind of POWER is absolutely legendary! Now I want one! Hmmm! What wil I need? Probably some 1500 gr arrows. I don't know if anyone makes them that heavy. Guess I'll get a hold of Carbon Express and see if they can custom make me some arrows. Sights? My dinky little 5 pin won't work. Joel if you read this, is Martin making an adapter plate to accept scope mounting rings? I'm thinking I'll need at least a 3x9 wide angle drop compensater scope. Now what to do about a rest? That thing will probably blow the whiskers right off my biscuit! Guys any ideas for a rest will be appreciated! Man, this is going to be an expensive setup! Have a great day! Right now I've got to figure out how to run this by the Mrs. and place my orders! Man, the deer aren't going to know what hit them this fall when I start lobbing arrows at them with this MONSTER!
    Last edited by Skbengal; 02-13-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default haha

Lmao! Hilarious!
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

Sk, what are you going to use to stop those 575 fps arrows? lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

What I meant by working with him, was working with him on getting a deal done on a new bow...my bad...so therefore he was a customer doing some shopping...I did my job however, I think his Mrs. is gonna be happy with that new Hope that Strothers has...

He'll be back in a few days to look at accessories...Il be sure to confront him of what he said....

If Joel is still following this, I also seen another guy come into the shop, to shoot our 50 yard indoor range...He also had a Martin, pretty sure it was a 2011...but it was the Exile riser, with Nitro 2.0 cams...is that possible for you guys to make? Just noticed it, and I knew it couldnt be standard...?

Post Thanks / Like

The crossfire is the bow you are thinking about I believe.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    A few days ago I was working with a guy who was looking for a bow for his wife. He said at first they were very interested in Martin, so this sparked my attention. He then went on to say they tried the new Prowler, but they only shot it once because the string jumped the idler wheel. He said the arrow blew into a million pieces...I told him right there was the problem, a bad nock, or bad arrow to begin with. However, the gentleman then said, "No, youre wrong, Martin is known for the string jumping the cams and blowing arrows up"...Did I miss something in the past few years? I have never once heard of Martin even remotely having a problem with strings derailing???

After that statement I just brought his attention back to the bow he was interested in and went on from there. He made a few more remarks about other companies and that was the end of that....
    I beleive the shooter torqued the bow while releasing and so the string derailed!

Post Thanks / Like

Did someone say "Torquing a bow? .

I think anyone new to Compound bows should have to watch this video before walking out the dealers door. This an old one but still a goodie.

Post Thanks / Like

Not gonna lie fellas, but it takes a damn lot of torque to get strings to derail...The Destroyers seemed to be the easiest, but ive seen such bad cam lean on bows when giving pointers, and even with terrible grip on the bow hand, it looks as if the string will come off. but I have yet to see it...Im pretty sold on the bad arrow idea...if it even happened at all

And no, it wasnt the crossfire...it was deffinately the Exile riser...no doubt about it