Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drop away rest for a target bow. Suggestions please.

Post Thanks / Like

I know several exceptional shooters around here us the Limbdriver Pro V, might be something to look at.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SJunior View Post
    I know several exceptional shooters around here us the Limbdriver Pro V, might be something to look at.
    Thanks for your input SJunior. I'll look into it.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to look into the original Limb Driver Pro as well, has the spring steel launcher to help absorb some of the arrows flex before dropping out of the way to give complete clearance for your fobs. IMO......its the easiest and fastest drop away to setup and tune, plus it works off the limb instead of a cable and the cord can be replaced quick and easy in the field should something happen to it. I personally know several guys who use them with fobs without any problems.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    You might want to look into the original Limb Driver Pro as well, has the spring steel launcher to help absorb some of the arrows flex before dropping out of the way to give complete clearance for your fobs. IMO......its the easiest and fastest drop away to setup and tune, plus it works off the limb instead of a cable and the cord can be replaced quick and easy in the field should something happen to it. I personally know several guys who use them with fobs without any problems.
    Thanks you archerx7.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    No doubt the TT won't work with FOB's. That's what I have on my "Z", but I use feathers. As for the G5? It would probably work as well as any other drop away rest. I consider them to be like refrigerators. They're all junk; just some junk better than others.
    i got myself into a physical situation where a drop away is the only rest that works for me. it allows me to draw the bow without the arrow jumping off the rest since it comes up at the end of the draw. otherwise i shake that rascal right off the bow.

so, i've gone to a NAP Quick Tune that works for me on the target bow. on the old huntin' bow its a Trophy Taker.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the comments. I think I'm gonna go NO Fobs on my new Scepter. I will keep my Fobs for hunting on my Nemesis. There's a couple reasons why I'm gonna go NO Fob on my target rig. I want to try those fat shafts for indoors. Fobs don't fit on fat shafts. Fobs are not allowed in IBO. I want to try some IBO Shoots. So I'm gonna give a blade style rest a whirl. If I don't like it I could always resell the blade rest for a dropaway. I'm a Big fan of Trophy taker Rests. I have the Smack Down on my Nemesis. I'm thinking about using the SS Pro in Silver on my Scepter. Last night I did more research and the AAE Freakshow got my attention. The mount was designed my Jesse Broadwater. It comes with two blade sizes. It does cost more than the TT SS Pro. You can change blades without affecting Zero.

http://arizonaarchery.com/product/x_...REAK_SHOW.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pricey but Good Hamskea Versa Rest

I shot TT rest for years. Spring steel mainly. Loved the fall away TT however it would have to be retuned from time to time.

The hamskea has the best of all worlds with the least amount of slop and play.

I wanted to get back to a fall away and the Hamskea is the only one with some of problems of fallaway rests fixed.

I switched from TT spring still to fall away hamskea. Not expecting my group size to change. Just hoping for better arrow guidedance and more vane clearance.

with that being said I got more than I was hoping for. When the Hamskea was put on my bow located in the same position as the spring steel my groups got smaller by approx. 1/4" average at 40 yards. Here is an example attached.40 yard group 5 arrrows small file.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input and pic gstudt!. That's some nice shooting. A blade rest will be all new to me. I just hope I don't drop arrows. lol. it was much easier getting my hunting bow together than a target bow.

Quote Originally Posted by gstudt View Post
    I shot TT rest for years. Spring steel mainly. Loved the fall away TT however it would have to be retuned from time to time.

The hamskea has the best of all worlds with the least amount of slop and play.

I wanted to get back to a fall away and the Hamskea is the only one with some of problems of fallaway rests fixed.

I switched from TT spring still to fall away hamskea. Not expecting my group size to change. Just hoping for better arrow guidedance and more vane clearance.

with that being said I got more than I was hoping for. When the Hamskea was put on my bow located in the same position as the spring steel my groups got smaller by approx. 1/4" average at 40 yards. Here is an example attached.40 yard group 5 arrrows small file.jpg