Thread: Tuning a Nemesis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuning a Nemesis

Been finally getting to tryin to get my Nemesis going for a little spring hog hunting on some private land. Seems mine is tuning a little wide, about 1 1/16". From the guys I have talked to on AT, that seems kind of weird to them, they say it should tune a little inside. Also, I got Axis 340s for it, and cut them to 28.5" on the carbon with 100gr points per OT2. Are those what I need or should I consider the Axis 400s instead. Setup is in the sig.
    '10 Rytera Nemesis 29" 60#, QAD HD, TR Hitman Micro, MQX 3 Arrow, Windjammer, Axis 340s, Slick Trick

Post Thanks / Like

You could probably shoot a 400 spine, but you've already spent the money for 340's so don't fret about it. If they tune OK then go ahead and shoot them. And don't worry about where the rst has to be set. There's nothing written in stone. That's what tuning is all about. Just have fun with it and hope you get some bacon.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal, do you think it will BH tune a little easier with 400s, I haven't tried with the 340s yet.
    '10 Rytera Nemesis 29" 60#, QAD HD, TR Hitman Micro, MQX 3 Arrow, Windjammer, Axis 340s, Slick Trick

Post Thanks / Like

Just from experience? I'd shoot the 340's with broadheads and see what happens. Maybe you could borrow a couple 400's from somebody and try them. Worst case scenerio you could shoot the 340's with 125 gr broadheads for a little more weight forward. Like I said, you already have the 340's so give them a try before spending any more money.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Getting 400s isn't a problem, but I'll give the 340s a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little hint, but I like your screen name. And on that subject keep an eye on the screws holding the modules to the cams. They have a habit of working loose. Wouldn't hurt to use some 242 Loctite on them.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Will do, thanks!! Got a couple FMJ 400s and a few Axis 400s to try!! Thanks, I'll let you know how they do!

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't put any broadheads on them yet, but the FMJs are shooting awesome as always!

Post Thanks / Like

Just checking back, got a couple FMJ 400s, paper tuned, and my ST Mags stripped the vanes off of the other arrow first shot!!!!!! Thanks, man!!!!!!