Thread: Curing the break-over "hump" on a Shadowcat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Curing the break-over "hump" on a Shadowcat

i really like my Shadowcat, but i'm not liking the severe break-over. sometimes after playing with the draw stop or draw length it gets so bad that the arrow bounces completely off the rest. any advice on how to tune that severe bump out of it? if i can't solve this i may be looking at a mathews triumph.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    i really like my Shadowcat, but i'm not liking the severe break-over. sometimes after playing with the draw stop or draw length it gets so bad that the arrow bounces completely off the rest. any advice on how to tune that severe bump out of it? if i can't solve this i may be looking at a mathews triumph.
    No swearing CarlosII..^^^

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

the hump is going to be there the question is if you moved it would it be better you can put it on a draw broad and put some twistes in and out of the cables to move the hump or lower your poundage if the hump is that bad ???
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

You could give it to me. I'd spend years fixing the problem... LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

try moving the mod to the next hole up then use the draw stop to set the draw length.you will lose most of the hump,but lose a lot of the valley also.

Post Thanks / Like

When I first got my Shadowcats, I too had the arrow popping off the rest problem. Once I got use to it it's no big deal. I have both my bows set for max let off so there is a huge dropoff into the valley.
    Just slow down as you come to full draw and you should be good to go. If I draw my bows to fast I still pop the arrow off the rest when I hit my draw stop.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlos,

You need to get on AT and ask a few guys there. Sonny Thomas might be able to help with this. As I understand it what you can so is untwist the cables/twist the string to advance the cams. You'll have to reset the module and drop stop, but advancing the cams supposedly reduces the hump you're talking about. This also reduces the amount of letoff. Maybe if you search AT you'll find the answers you need. I know it's been discussed there.

I don't mean anything personal here, but so many people end up with this problem and for the most part my answer is always that if you are popping into the valley so hard as to bounce the arrow off the rest then you're drawing more weight than you can control. I'm not picking on you, just explaining what the problem so often is. That's one reason I only shoot my 3D bows at 47# and back them off to 42# for indoor target. I want to be able to stop and hold the draw anywheere during the draw cycle and this is what it takes. I don't have it in my head that I must shoot a certain draw weight. I set the bows for what I like and whatever draw weight the bow is is where I shoot it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver