Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien X Draw Mod/Length

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alien X Draw Mod/Length

So the Alien came today. For the owners, got a question on the rotating mods. The top is set in the #4 hole and the bottom is #5 - that seemed off to me, but I don't know a lot about these cams, etc. I'm a 29" draw. Haven't had a chance to really go through it much yet, I'll be putting a new set of strings on it, so I don't want to get too deep into tuning it.

IMAG0132.jpgIMAG0134.jpg

I did get it set up and took a few shots. Have to say there is a night and day difference btw this and my Cheetah in terms of weight. The X feels pretty awesome. I'm not totally sold on the QAD yet, I like the rest but it definitely needs some felt or moleskin on the launcher. I'm thinking I'll give it a chance, but kinda think I want to go with a TT Smackdown or a Limbdriver. Same with the sight, have a nice TruGlo sight mounted right now that the previous owner sent, but think I'm going to put a TR Vertical Pin on it.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Both modules should be set to exactly the same number.

I had the same thing with my first Shadowcat. Unfortunately, the seller was not a nice person, and had changed the setting in order to cover up a fault with the bow.

Hopefully, in this case it is just a set up mistake.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep both modules need to be on the same number and you will have to re adjust the draw stop when ever you change draw length.You need to set the top cam module to #5 same as bottom to be at 29" draw,same as mine........Now just need to get ya in Alien mafia.............
    Last edited by Speedykills; 02-17-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, I'll get that changed tonight for sure. I know of the mafia and I think I know who I need to message for the invite. Yeah, I don't think there is anything wrong with the bow and hopefully that isn't the case in a cover up. The guy has been very pleasant to work with, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt there. He did say he was at the shop getting things changed around, so that could have been a miss there.

I do need to give everything a good look still, saw there was a slightly rough spot on one of the cams, the serving was showing a little wear. Also at the ccs he doesn't have the cables served, so those are showing some wear. I'm assuming those should have a serving as they go through the roller correct?

Post Thanks / Like

It could be the two different angles of that the pictures were taken at but the cams don't seem to be timed the same. The gap between the string post and the string should be very close to the same for both sides. In the second picture it looks to be almost touching but that could just be the angle.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Awesome, I'll get that changed tonight for sure. I know of the mafia and I think I know who I need to message for the invite. Yeah, I don't think there is anything wrong with the bow and hopefully that isn't the case in a cover up. The guy has been very pleasant to work with, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt there. He did say he was at the shop getting things changed around, so that could have been a miss there.

I do need to give everything a good look still, saw there was a slightly rough spot on one of the cams, the serving was showing a little wear. Also at the ccs he doesn't have the cables served, so those are showing some wear. I'm assuming those should have a serving as they go through the roller correct?
    The stock string has that clear serving on mine,seems to do a good job,im sure it wouldnt be to hard to do that.And it does look like your cams need timing as stated above.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt that things could be or are out of whack with with as far as timing goes. I'll get more straight on shots tonight to see. I haven't done much dual cam tuning, so this will be a learning process but one I'm definitely excited about.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll enjoy these Nitrous/Hybrix cams, they are smooth! Being binary, they are easy to set up and tune as well. I'm sure you'll be up and shooting robin hoods in no time
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely have new toy fever. Wanting to get home and start tinkering with this thing. I think if I can get everything in order with what is currently on the bow, when I get a new set of strings it won't be so foreign to me. Thinking I'm going to take a drive up to Cabela's this weekend too and pick up a few new things to slap on this bad boy.

Post Thanks / Like

Drop

You probably already know this but just in case you don't......

Any time you twist or untwist the cables or string send a few arrows down range and then take your measurements. This will let things settle in and you will get a true reading. About a year ago I was a real greenhorn and was chasing my tail because I didn't shoot to settle in the strings and cables. I thought just drawing them would do it. Nope, I wasted a lot of time and effort until I started shooting it in. A wise man learns from others mistakes, not his own.
    Firecat 400