Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Onza conversion problems

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

my ccs should be here for my exile any day now, joel sent me one a few weeks ago. we will see how this goes

Post Thanks / Like

anyone out there have a 2012 onza 3 that came with the cable rod & slide if so what are the string and cable lengths on the sticker, would like to compare them to the 2010 lengths on the sticker. if they are the same that means that martin doesn't think the conversion makes any difference. mine didn't all stayed the same. i think it is real important that when the string & cable lengths are checked it should be under 90 - 100 lbs. of tention then you may still have to ad or remove a twist or 2 to get the bow in exact time.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no expert, so I differed to Martin on this when I ordered the ccs and sts to replace the trg/sos on my 2011 onza 3, they told me the bow was designed to have the ability to be set-up either direction. I had no problems out of my conversion!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    anyone out there have a 2012 onza 3 that came with the cable rod & slide if so what are the string and cable lengths on the sticker, would like to compare them to the 2010 lengths on the sticker. if they are the same that means that martin doesn't think the conversion makes any difference. mine didn't all stayed the same. i think it is real important that when the string & cable lengths are checked it should be under 90 - 100 lbs. of tention then you may still have to ad or remove a twist or 2 to get the bow in exact time.
    I know you asked about a 2012, my 2011 is string 59 3/4" cables 38". Not sure how that compares to your 2010, or a 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Bowgramp, I think you may be mistaken about the year of your Onza... The Onza 3 didn't come out until 2011!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Bowgramp, I think you may be mistaken about the year of your Onza... The Onza 3 didn't come out until 2011!
    when i bought the bow i was expecting a new 2011, it came from a martin dealer this is the bow# on the bow1034325 the first 2 digets are the year. the string lengths are 56 3/4" cables are 38"
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Bowgramp the numbers may reflect that your bow was atcually built in 2010 even though it's is a 2011 model. Does yours have the riser cut to accept the standard sts, mine was not and after messing with a frontmount I decided the bbow just did'nt feel right. Shipped it back to martin for a riser swap, string change and will comunicate on it when it returns to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, that makes sense. Even though it was produced at the end of '10, I don't think the specs would have changed... I'll check mine and see if the strings are the same length.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL what do you know, mine was also produced in the end of '10. I didn't even order it until the end of April, and it came straight from the factory. Same string specs: 56 3/4 string 38 cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, rechecked I was reading the numbers upside down the 9 is a 6 so 56 3/4 and 38!