Thread: My New "Stretch" D Loop Pliers from Outer Limit Archery arrived.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My New "Stretch" D Loop Pliers from Outer Limit Archery arrived.

It finally arrived. The feel, material and overall looks are great. I had to try it out so I took out my Damaged PSE bow that i use to practice my string stuff on and gave it a quick whirl. The tool was very easy to use. I did end up making the loop a little too long. I actually had the loop near the string but I was surprised how much the string stretched after using the tool. I took a quick pic and will have another D loop placed on at the proper length. You end up using less string if measured properly.

This is how it's used,

2. Likes naptime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been wanting to get a set but for the amount of loops I tie I will keep doing it the old fashion It's always nice to have a new toy I mean tool
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep buying all them nice tools, and I am moving next door to ya!

Good review Double S!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    I have been wanting to get a set but for the amount of loops I tie I will keep doing it the old fashion It's always nice to have a new toy I mean tool
    I understand. I'm not pushing anybody to buy this. I'm just sharing it with anyone that wants to read it. I am working on my only true archery WEAKNESS. I've always relied on a shop to do my bow work. I couldn't afford to buy the gear. Now things have changed a little so I'm buying items 1 or 2 at a time so i can learn from folks on here and do the work myself.

6. Likes naptime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I understand. I'm not pushing anybody to buy this. I'm just sharing it with anyone that wants to read it. I am working on my only true archery WEAKNESS. I've always relied on a shop to do my bow work. I couldn't afford to buy the gear. Now things have changed a little so I'm buying items 1 or 2 at a time so i can learn from folks on here and do the work myself.
    that cool I'm cheap I make my stuff bow press, string jig I did had have to buy my fletching jig, you learn a lot by working on your own stuff. try something if it doesn't work you have the tools to put it back or try something else and not ran to the pro shop
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    that cool I'm cheap I make my stuff bow press, string jig I did had have to buy my fletching jig, you learn a lot by working on your own stuff. try something if it doesn't work you have the tools to put it back or try something else and not ran to the pro shop
    I agree. My local shop was 90 miles one way, 2 hour drive. The money i was using for the drive... i can put it into the equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is an old thread, but I was putting a new D loop today and decided to try my rusty Outer Limits tool.

Once again it pulled the loop too small giving me so much nock pinch that my DCA target arrows wouldn't/couldn't stay on the rest.

Added to that the loop was way too long.

Sorry but the reason the tool was rusty is two fold. One it rusts way too easy. Two I just don't use it when doing D loops. I haven't found any tool that works better than my grandpa's needle nose.

10. Likes naptime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been picking up stuff for the home shop the last couple months and I gotta say the shops have always been good but I set my bows up perfect and its well worth the money I've spent on everything.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just saw this. Looks kind of weird compared to what I use. I'll take a pic and try to get it posted.
    Our loop pliers has a "finger" type gage that won't allow the knots or string nocks be pulled together. If anything it spaces them a bit too much. Threatened to grind the "finger" a bit thinner dozens of times, but it still works as is. Ours is either highly polished or chrome plated, not a hint of rust anywhere in 6 years.....
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it works well for what it is, but my needle nose pliers seem to work just fine
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps