Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make my exile quieter

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help.my exile is a single cam, is it still possible for the single cam timing to be off and if so how do you adjust that. no the exile being one of their lower class bows has no hole at all for decelerator, mine is a 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    thanks for the help.my exile is a single cam, is it still possible for the single cam timing to be off and if so how do you adjust that. no the exile being one of their lower class bows has no hole at all for decelerator, mine is a 2011.
    hear is a thread on timeing the acutrac cam.http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...hlight=timeing

Post Thanks / Like

post number 9 shows a timed cam.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

hey thanks alot buddy, is there any stabilizer that you prefer or would suggest. or is the limbsaver as good as it gets. i mean its solid rubber, i dont see how it could get much better

Post Thanks / Like

hey thanks alot buddy, is there any stabilizer that you prefer or would suggest. or is the limbsaver as good as it gets. i mean its solid rubber, i dont see how it could get much better
    happy to help,as for stabs...i know nothing about them.i dont and wont use one.it is extra weight i dont want,i walk and stalk so it is just one more thing to hit a branch with.i did try a stab once for a day and it did nothing for me.sorry i cant help with that one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

there is definelty a large vibration and noise difference when i shoot my bow without a stabilizer, im probably exagerrating, but there is a difference, i have the limbsaver which is cheap and simple, and im just looking for some opinions on some better ones if there are any. i hunt and shoot 3D so its pretty important to me

Post Thanks / Like

there is definelty a large vibration and noise difference when i shoot my bow without a stabilizer, im probably exagerrating, but there is a difference, i have the limbsaver which is cheap and simple, and im just looking for some opinions on some better ones if there are any. i hunt and shoot 3D so its pretty important to me
    for sure a nice quiet bow is good to have,not only for hunting game but for the mental part as well.a guy does not want a bad thought in ther head when on a hunt or shooting for fun.im just one of the lucky ones,my bengal is super quiet as it sits with a ball of whiskers and a sts.

i was at a bowtech shop(only becaus they have a 40 target 3d range that is super fun to shoot)and i needed string wax so the owner asked if i wanted to shot a few arrows indoor,so i did.next thing i know i have 6 or 7 bowtech shooters standing next to me saying how quiet my bow is and how they could not believ it.of course as i entered i got the typical"oh its a martin its going to be loud and bla bla bla.them folks had some humble pie after i shot.and at 300 and some change for price i cant beat it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant say the same, im a memeber of an archery club who is a bowtech dealer. so i shoot next to them all the time, its probably fools like me giving martin the bad wrap because my bow isnt the quietest. some 15 year old kid shot next to me yesterday and he had just bought a bowtech assassin. He had nothing done to it, and it was very quiet and his first comment to me was how loud my bow was compared to his. I wanted to turn left and release an arrow in his fat face. it infuriated me.. i dont like being picked on by a 15 year old buying expensive crap with his parents money. if you could imagine. Now I am shooting 70# when the kid was pulling 51#, think as soon as i get rid of that decelerator I will see quieter days. 70lbs thumping that thing just doesnt sound good.

Post Thanks / Like

dz, the S coil seems to work fairly well, but works even better with the rubber washer or ring between it and the riser. Give that a try before you go out and buy something else. On a few of the old loud bows I've had in the past, I'd simply go buy a bicycle innertube, cut washers out of it for everything. I'd put washers under everything attached to the riser. Sight, rest, quiver, stab. Everything. It makes a world of difference. If the innertube is too thin, get rubber washers at a hardware store. You just want something soft between everything that's solid. And an innertube is cheap. lol Keep in mind, a mountain bike innertube is thicker than a 10 speed innertube. That gives you some thickness range there too.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    dz, the S coil seems to work fairly well, but works even better with the rubber washer or ring between it and the riser. Give that a try before you go out and buy something else. On a few of the old loud bows I've had in the past, I'd simply go buy a bicycle innertube, cut washers out of it for everything. I'd put washers under everything attached to the riser. Sight, rest, quiver, stab. Everything. It makes a world of difference. If the innertube is too thin, get rubber washers at a hardware store. You just want something soft between everything that's solid. And an innertube is cheap. lol Keep in mind, a mountain bike innertube is thicker than a 10 speed innertube. That gives you some thickness range there too.
    Here is another thing I might look into! Definitely something I wouldn't have thought about, but could totally see how it could be beneficial.

If you have the S-coil I have one of those on my Cheetah and have no complaints. The Alien I just picked up has the X-coil and so far, no complaints. I have looked into getting the NAP Apache ($30) for something a little different and I have heard they dissipate a good amount of vibration and noise with the open design.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff