Thread: 2012 easton injexion

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 easton injexion

I am thinking of shooting some new arrow this year. Eason realeased new arrow called the injexions. you can get them in all carbon or alloy carbon like th fmjs, which in my opinion is one of the best arrows out there for hunting or anything really. the injexion however has a deep 6 insert which helps focus and center the impact of the arrow. with this you are limited to nap deep 6 broadheads. I hate limits. Im really not a fan of nap anything. the only nap broadhead that even kind of intersts me is the 2 blade bloodrunner, but i feel like im downgrading from my t3s. it seems to me that all other broadhead like rage or g5, grimreaper, or mangnus have a much more reputable name than nap when it comes to broadheads. But the arrow looks amazing and there really isnt a way for me to test this and find out the truth so i wanted to get some opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you on the limitations, and have no experience with NAP broadheads... On the other hand, the Injexions do look pretty sweet but have literally just been released a couple weeks ago. It make take a while to get some reviews on them, even longer if you're looking for a hunter's review!

If you look at their 2012 catalog, there is a page that lists the different arrow categories and penetration; the G category, which includes the Injexion is listed as having the highest penetration rating... hmmm

But the X category also looks pretty good, which includes the n-fused Axis models. They are what I'm shooting now and I really like them...

To give you an idea on price, and availability, I haven't found many places that even list the Injexions as an option yet. But they seem to run about $160/dz. raw shafts. Cabelas has them fletched for $89/6. The Axis models run $110/dz raw or $59/6 fletched... on sale at Cabelas for $49.99!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I agree with you on the limitations, and have no experience with NAP broadheads... On the other hand, the Injexions do look pretty sweet but have literally just been released a couple weeks ago. It make take a while to get some reviews on them, even longer if you're looking for a hunter's review!

If you look at their 2012 catalog, there is a page that lists the different arrow categories and penetration; the G category, which includes the Injexion is listed as having the highest penetration rating... hmmm

But the X category also looks pretty good, which includes the n-fused Axis models. They are what I'm shooting now and I really like them...

To give you an idea on price, and availability, I haven't found many places that even list the Injexions as an option yet. But they seem to run about $160/dz. raw shafts. Cabelas has them fletched for $89/6. The Axis models run $110/dz raw or $59/6 fletched... on sale at Cabelas for $49.99!
    yeah i shoot the all carbon axis 340s now, i like them they are tough arrow, i shot a paved rode with one...ooops...they fly well. i use them for target and hunting, ive never shot a deer with them, but ive popped a few squirrels. if reviews dont come around in time then i may get some axis fmjs this year, i know they will get a little better penetration than the all carbon axis. penetration matters to me so. but thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I just checked them out at Easton's website. You have to be kidding me. You aren't really buying into the hype are you? From what I can see they are an all carbon (A/C) arrow. That's what A/C means. I didn't see mention of a choice between A/C and ACC. Small diameter similar to the Axis? Sure they might buck the wind because of the small diameter, but so do other small diameter arows. And what's the big deal about their new fangled insert that's stronger than anything else? Sorry chaps, but I can't count on one hand the amount of inserts that have failed me in the last 40 years. And just how is such insert going to focus and center the energy any better than any other insert? I thought that was what spin checking arrows was all about; keep things in the center. OK, so it gives 32% more penetration---32% more than what? I guess that means I'll have 10" of arrow in the ground after the passthrough instead of 7".

Bring it into focus. If you want small diamter and quality there is already a choice of ACC and ACC pro Hunters. In an A/C arrow there is already the Axis.

It's marketing IMO. Just like CE does with the Aramids and Forward weight technology and dual spine. I'd also like to see the pricetag on a dozen of these and the Deep 6 broadheads. I can't wait to see the reviews on these things.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

About $340 for 1 dozen A/C Injexion with Blazers and NAP Bloodrunners from prices I've seen...

Post Thanks / Like

No way, Jose. You are kidding, right? I can shoot ACC's for half that.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

OOps, let me correct myself. They are carbon bonded to an aluinum core. My bad. Still, I see no real advantage over an ACC or Pro Hunter. And I've already got ACC's all bought and paid for some 17 years ago.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the option between the all carbon and alloy carbon in bowhunting world magazine. the most recent issue. It just struck my interest. i love the fmjs, and i dont see why these would be worse. they are way to expensive. check out bowhunter supply store on ebay, they are cheaper than that for a dozen, but they are still very expensive. the biggest thing that will keep me from getting this arrow is the fact that you have to use nap broadheads, im not a nap broadhead fan at all, so i guess for next hunting season im going to shoot axis fmjs.