Thread: Draw Stop/Let off

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Draw Stop/Let off

I have a new 2011 Exile. Purchased from a Bow shop online. The draw lenght was set to 29", but seems a little short. I noticed that the draw stop was about 2/3 of the way to the+. If I extend that all of the way to the +, will that get me the 80% let off? and secondly will that slightly increase the draw length?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes moving your draw stop out will increase draw lenght a little and give you a higher let off
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for the input! Is it ok to have the draw stop all of the way to the+. If so is that how you get the full draw lenght for the Module on the Bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aldenjj View Post
    Thanks for the input! Is it ok to have the draw stop all of the way to the+. If so is that how you get the full draw lenght for the Module on the Bow?
    welcome to the martin tech forum
    you gain your draw length from your draw mods.the draw stop allows you to fine yune your let off and a small amount of DL.you will want to have a second person help you adjust your draw stop.first put in the mod that is ment for your DL,then loosen the draw stop and move it all the way to the plus,draw your bow and stop when you come to a point that you fell good about when holding your bow at full draw then have the second person look at your mod and cam track to make sure you have not over extended your cam,then have them slide your draw stop down wile you are still at a good holding poit at full draw,once the stop is touching the limb have them tighten it.

1/8 of a inch goes a long ways when adjusting your draw stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for the help. I plan on taking the bow to a certified Martin dealer on this Friday. I will have him help me with the Draw Stop. I had just got the bow yesterday. The owners manual isn't very specific on some things. Even though the right module is on the bow, it seemed just a little short on draw length. thus the reason for the inquiry.I am thinking that a small adjustment on the Draw Stop will solve the problem. If not the dealer will now how to fix me up.
    I am exited about the bow. I picked it up new, at a very good price. I don't mind taking some time and money to get it set up right.
    If anyone is looking to get a good price on this type of Martin bow I know of a good online Bow Shop. Let me know.

2011 Martin Exile 60# Draw
    Bonz Camo