Thread: Bow is jumping (kicking) my arrows to the left.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bow is jumping (kicking) my arrows to the left.

I try to not grab or squeeze the grip but I NEED control tips for my release, or follow through. I am right handed.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like one of two things to me. Either you have some fletching contact, or you are torqueing the bow. The way I check fletching contact is to put lipstick (BRIGHT RED) on the vanes of an arrow, then shoot it. It'll leave a red mark anywhere it is hitting. Other guys will cover the arrow shelf area in foot powder, then shoot. Look for marks in the powder. If that's not the case and it is torque, to kick an arrow left, it sounds like you are torqueng the bow to the right. Just try moving it slightly in and out on your hand. Most likely slightly in will stop the problem. The riser should go straight up and down the meaty part of your palm, just inside your thumb. the rest of the hand should be at roughly a 45 degree angle to the riser. (Check you knuckles for this 45 angle). The one thing you don't want to do is actually grab the bow. It should basically "float" in your hand, and the pressure of drawing back is what keeps it there.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie Robertson View Post
    I try to not grab or squeeze the grip but I NEED control tips for my release, or follow through. I am right handed.
    also check you cable slide rod and make sure it is tight and not split anyplace,go through your bow from top to bottom and make sure every screw,nut,bolt is tight.how is your rest set up.is it centered

Post Thanks / Like

Default every so often I will be dead on

For a few days will be very accurate but as I learn and try different techniques I begin to loose accuracy.

P.S. I am wanting to make my own strings and I am wondering about perfecting twisting and tuning of strings and cams. ANY GOOD RESOURCES OUT THERE?

Post Thanks / Like

Everytime you change something in form (be it grip, anchor point, whatever) it takes your body a few hundred shots to ingrain that change into your habits. So it sounds like you need to do some blank-baling; stand 5 or so feet from your target, and start practicing form and follow-through. It even helps to just put some burlap or something over the target so you don't feel the need to aim at a spot. Might even close your eyes and just practice stance, form, release, and followthrough. It'll help you teach yourself to do the same things the same way everytime.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

i made me a little arrow , put the vanes in line with the cables so i could see what kind of clearence i am getting. even if you have good clearence and torque or grab the bow at the shot vanes could still hit the cables if i can post a pic of my little arrow , will trySANY0039.JPG
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,