Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Make my exile quieter

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Make my exile quieter

Ive got an 11 exile. 70# 27 1/2"draw. I have limbsaver limb silencers, string leeches and stabilizer. I have the trg with the SOS decelerator. My bow just isn't that quiet. I've pretty much done all I know to keep it quiet. Is there any other ideas without lowering my draw weight. Are There better stabilizers than the limbsaver.

Post Thanks / Like

a bit more arrow weight,a good ball of cat whiskers,and cam timeing.that is what we did to my good friends exile to get it a bit more quiet

Post Thanks / Like

Like GD said, make sure the timing is dead on. Being just a little off can make the bow much noisier. Also, you might try putting a small rubber "O" ring between the stabilizer, and your riser. All the stab's. today seem to have hard bases where they attach. I have never found one to be as quiet and absorbing as one that has something softer, like rubber, against the riser. Cat whiskers are also a great idea. For me, they work FAR better than anything else.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

All the above statements are great ways to quiet your system down, and it looks like you're off to a good start on your own. I might also suggest looking into trading in the TRG/SOS system for the traditional slide and stop... I was surprised at the difference in sound and I didn't think my original setup was all that loud; The SOS gave a higer pitched "slap" sound, and now with the regular string stop its more of a low pitched "thump". Aside from the pitch, I'm also sure its a few dB quieter... may be me though
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Like GD said, make sure the timing is dead on. Being just a little off can make the bow much noisier. Also, you might try putting a small rubber "O" ring between the stabilizer, and your riser. All the stab's. today seem to have hard bases where they attach. I have never found one to be as quiet and absorbing as one that has something softer, like rubber, against the riser. Cat whiskers are also a great idea. For me, they work FAR better than anything else.
    Never thought about this, might look into it myself.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Ehunter said the rubber o-ring is a big help. I went to the hardware store a got flat rubber washers. They cover the whole area and absorb more shock. So either or will do the trick.
    The object of getting rid of vibration and sound is to transfer it to something that absorbs. Cat whiskers ball type, a good stabilizer, Limb savers, and heavier arrows. All that should quiet the bow. Timing a bow correctly will make the string stop evenly and take out a lot of the vibration.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

About the cam timing. Is this something a typical bow shop can adjust, or would it have to be martin specific. my bowclub is a bowtech and matthews dealer only. hes did quiet a few things to my bow like my rest and peep, but will he be able to perform on my bow. also, i have the original limbsaver stabilizer, i like it and all and i know its one of the best for the money, but money aside are there any great stabilizers out there that are better than the limbsaver. a longer one would help me anyway because my armotech sight with the long rail is probably one of the heaviest sights available. also how much speed would i be sacrificing with the string wiskers. i already have the string leeches, im putting cable leeches on there soon. sry to ask so many questions

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

and thanks for the feedback guys, this site is a blessing

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

also what would you guys suggest to do about the string decelerator since the exile doesnt have a rear riser drilled hole behing the stabilizer for it. my sos rubber is tearing up anyways after constant shooting and i cant get replacement ruber modules so are there any other types of decelerators that will fit a bow like mine with no hole drilled for it. also martin has already warrantied my trg for me so as soon as i get my slide I am going to replace it

Post Thanks / Like

dz, I tie my cat whiskers on between the speed nocks and the cams. Just have to make them into the "golfball" style to do it without cam interference. I lost no speed at all. As far as the STS, rather than a hole behind the riser, there should be a cut-out in the side of the riser for it to attach. Martin has been sending them out as replacements for the TRG/SOS system, along with the cable and slide.
    Any decent shop should be able to adjust your cam timing. You can do it at home, if you have two people there to do it. One draws the bow, the other watches the cams. Both cams have to be hitting at the same time. If one's ahead of the other, you loosen the limb bolts until the string and cables are loose. Just make sure you don't take the limb bolts completely out. Then you add twists to the cables according to which cam is hitting first. Hope this helps.
    One last thing, I have never seen the need for cable leeches or anything on the cables if the cams are in tune properly.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.