Thread: Martin Customer Service

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Customer Service

Stumbled into a thread over in AT, yup Im a gluten for punishment, anyway it pretty much turned into a major Martin basher. Well it just so happened that I needed to call them today about an upgrade on a bow Im looking at. I called just after opening and it went to voicemail, I left a message and about 10 minutes later Joel called back. He went on to tell me that if I went through my dealer parts were free........I may be new to Martin buts thats pretty good CS in my book!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

yup, thats what he usually does, its strange because when you leave a company a voicemail how often do they call you back. it my experiences its slim to none. but joel called me back in 5 minutes, and it was a straight to the point conversation. I got what i wanted. Joel was compliant and professional. My buddy has a bowtech, and hes strictly a bowtech shooter, but his biggest complaint about bowtech is their customer service. it just goes to show you ha.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    yup, thats what he usually does, its strange because when you leave a company a voicemail how often do they call you back. it my experiences its slim to none. but joel called me back in 5 minutes, and it was a straight to the point conversation. I got what i wanted. Joel was compliant and professional. My buddy has a bowtech, and hes strictly a bowtech shooter, but his biggest complaint about bowtech is their customer service. it just goes to show you ha.....
    Know the feeling, just recently sold 3 Bowtechs and am starting over, Im still waiting on return emails from them since October.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    Know the feeling, just recently sold 3 Bowtechs and am starting over, Im still waiting on return emails from them since October.
    I've had the same problem with the email.they should just shut down the email,all it does is piss people off.if they didn't have the email you would have to call and they do return the phone calls.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

martin rytera has always returned my calls & more times than not i get through to the techs right then usually joel . he has always taken care of the few problems that i've had. when you have as many bows out in the publics hands and as many different models that martin has, there's going to be a few problems, can you just emagnine how some of the bows get taken care of or not taken care of. i think martins customer serv. does a teriffic job.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    I hear that! When they first started their customer service was top notch. Now your lucky if you get a call back in 7 days. I've had excellent results with Martin as well, I think they're in tune with the people who pay their bills and not worried about the bottom line. That's excellent for a company that's been around for 60+ years.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    I hear that! When they first started their customer service was top notch. Now your lucky if you get a call back in 7 days. I've had excellent results with Martin as well, I think they're in tune with the people who pay their bills and not worried about the bottom line. That's excellent for a company that's been around for 60+ years.
    A couple comments if I may. Part of the reason Martin has been around for 60 years is because of their customer service. Just to clarify one thing, Martin is certainly interested in their bottom line and that's why customers are cared for in the manner they are. They don't spend as much on advertising so word of mouth does it for them, just like we're reading on so many forums. IMO JoelC doesn't make enough money.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    I hear that! When they first started their customer service was top notch. Now your lucky if you get a call back in 7 days. Not worried about the bottom line.
    Barry,
    I was refering to Bowtech here. I've had to deal with them several times and their customer service sucks compared to when they first started. I have needed to contact Martin three times and have nothing but good things to say about them and how they treat their customers. Yes, Martin is interested in their bottom line but NOT at the expense of their customers.
    Last edited by NuttyNative; 02-24-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel