Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Taking care of an old bow

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Taking care of an old bow

    Just picked up an older 25# DH plinker (HCS 11222) that's in pretty good wear & tear condition but smells, and looks, like it's been in a closet for 40 years. Is there a standard "detailing" ritual for finds like this (not a museum piece but a daily driver)? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by califx200 View Post
    Just picked up an older 25# DH plinker (HCS 11222) that's in pretty good wear & tear condition but smells, and looks, like it's been in a closet for 40 years. Is there a standard "detailing" ritual for finds like this (not a museum piece but a daily driver)? Thanks.
    i would just swap out the strings,give it a once over for cracks on the limbs,riser.wipe it down and shoot it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    i would just swap out the strings,give it a once over for cracks on the limbs,riser.wipe it down and shoot it.
    Thanks. Furniture polish, tung oil?

  4. #4
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by califx200 View Post
    Thanks. Furniture polish, tung oil?
    warm damp wash cloth.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    warm damp wash cloth.
    Heck, I can even get my 10 year old involved in this project. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by califx200 View Post
    Heck, I can even get my 10 year old involved in this project. Thanks.
    heck ya.give that kid a rag.i let my daughter clean my bow with a feather duster.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •