Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon finish on the 2012's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carbon finish on the 2012's

Can anyone tell me if the carbon finish on the new Martin 2012 models is flat or glossy? according to the website they dont offer the hunter black this year so i'm curious if the carbon would be suitable for hunting. Pictures would be great too if anyones got em'. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I would guess it's almost the same as the 2011's. This is my 360. I think I'd call it a semi gloss?? Not too shiny but definately not flat.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's more of a satin finish. And in case you didn't know the carbon finish was the replacement for Huntr Black a couple years ago. Apparently they were havinga problem with the company powder coating the risers black so they changed to the carbon finish right away. In 2010 I ordered a Black Alien Z and when I took it out of the box I was looking at the carbon finish. In other wors if you order Hunter Black you're going to be looking at a carbon finish.

For 2011 I ordered a Nemisis in carbon with camo limbs. A lot of people think it's very appealing.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Its a very cool looking finish, just wondered if it would work in the woods or if it would be to reflective. I've only ever had camo bows and thinking of a change of pace. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seandrummond View Post
    Its a very cool looking finish, just wondered if it would work in the woods or if it would be to reflective. I've only ever had camo bows and thinking of a change of pace. Thanks for the info.
    We hunt in sagebrush, junipers, and rocky out croppings here in Nevada & I'm going to use the Firecat this year. I don't think it'll make any difference.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seandrummond View Post
    I don't think it will matter. My Nemesis is carbon and I didn't have any issues at all. It's all about moving slow and cautious. I always map my path by looking ahead. I never move fast. I mainly hunt open Sage terrain. I took this buck out in the open, 90 plus degree's. Stalked in on him to 20 yards. He was bedded under a sage bush. I spotted the top of his antlers moving side to side.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice deer!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My Alien has the carbon finish and I plan to hunt with it. The limbs say Rytera on the frount side of the bow. I just hope that first big buck that comes in can't read All joking aside, I love the look of my bow. When I go to my shoots on the weekends there are always guys coming over and checking out my bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
    My Alien has the carbon finish and I plan to hunt with it. The limbs say Rytera on the frount side of the bow. I just hope that first big buck that comes in can't read All joking aside, I love the look of my bow. When I go to my shoots on the weekends there are always guys coming over and checking out my bow.
    Rytera is martin and martin is Rytera.its word play on terry and ryan martin name,if ya dident know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
    Butch, it's about time you start talking to us.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver