Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Scepter V. A target bow in the making.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up My new Scepter V. A target bow in the making.

Here's some barebow pics. It will probably be another month before I get her up and shooting. I'm taking it slow, I have some stuff on the way. Specialty Archery
    1/4 Large Peep in black, Aperture kit #5, plus a Peep reducer. My Stabilizer will be the Response from Paradigm Archery. Probably around 30 inches Plus some offset bars around 12-14 inches. I'll be adding a Adjustable Doinker Offset bracket. I'm still working on a blade rest. The most expensive and last thing I'll get is the DS sight plus Specialty Archery 1 5/8 Scope with some lenses. Anyways, That's what I have planned. Oh I forgot some new strings from Hutch. I'm thinking Red with Yellow. I have the 60 pound limbs on it. The factory tag states 58.6. I'm gonna have it down to 55 pounds. The finish looks great and she feels so light. I'm not in a hurry I want to do it right the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

More pics,

Post Thanks / Like

More pics,

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

i wanna touch it!
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

what do you think of a duct tape handle?
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

That sure is pretty. I'm glad to see they used black roto cups and hardware and not green. Too bad they couldn't make the Martin logos on the limbs in the same color as the riser. That would be icing on the cake.

Watch those BowJax dampers. Both sets I tried got cut in half so I went to whiskers.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that's just what I plan to order. Yeah, it'd be nice of the limb logos matched the riser. And as much as I find the strings to be of good quality those green/black would get replaced real quick.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    And as much as I find the strings to be of good quality those green/black would get replaced real quick.
    I agree, the flo green looks out of place on a red bow. A simple black/grey sat would look good on all the target colors. Of course if they made matching sets, say red/black for a red bow that would be going the extra mile for their customers. I wonder who many Scepter V they will sell in a year?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I actually like the feel of a thin grip. it was getting cold while I was outside holding it. I did order that kevlar shooting glove. I'm gonna see how it feels with a shooters glove on. I could easily wrap it if needed for some warmth. I'm sending in a string order to Bill right now. I think the normal thing to do would be to match it with the color of the riser. I figure that a lot of people will be doing the same thing so I'm doing the opposite. I'm gonna ask Bill if he can mix and add most of the Florescent colors on the strings...It's gonna be loud. It's gonna be for target only. The primary and secondary colors with differ from the serving. All different colors.

I just placed the order in for the Specialty Archery 1/4 Peep, Aperture kit #5 and the Peep reducer. It's gonna be awhile until i get the target sight. I'm gonna use my old Vital gear single pin sight temporarily to get a rough sight in. I'll be taking the bowjax off, i won't need it for target