Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My new Scepter V. A target bow in the making.

Post Thanks / Like

I received another order from Lancaster for my Scepter. I recieved a Specialty Archery V Bar. I'm still working on the balance. SA Hood cover, SA sunshade, Some100 grain points, and a finger sling.

Post Thanks / Like

I got her tuned at the shop today. She is smooth and a lot of fun to shoot. I'm still messing around with the I.D of the Peep I'll be using. It was really windy and I'm still recovering from sprained back with spasms. I haven't shot in such a long time that I couldn't hold the bow up as long as I normally could plus i was shacking like a wet dog stuck on an Iceberg. I think my go to regular vanes will be AAE Elites.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Double S, take a candle in the color you want for your string and rub that flo green away.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as i can get the string build specs for her I will be changing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Hey Double S, take a candle in the color you want for your string and rub that flo green away.

Hutch
    I love the feel of this bow. I chrono'ed her at approx. 251 fps per second. I have her down to 55-56 pounds. I forgot to have it double checked at the shop. After my mishap with the Nemesis, I'm Leary about checking the bows poundage. I still need to order one of those Hand held scales you you have Bill.

Here's a pic of my S.E.T Protex Kevlar Shooter glove. This is one item I hope i never have to find out if it really lessens injury.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post

I love the feel of this bow. I chrono'ed her at approx. 251 fps per second. I have her down to 55-56 pounds. I forgot to have it double checked at the shop. After my mishap with the Nemesis, I'm Leary about checking the bows poundage. I still need to order one of those Hand held scales you you have Bill.

Here's a pic of my S.E.T Protex Kevlar Shooter glove. This is one item I hope i never have to find out if it really lessens injury.

Just kidding with ya! I still like it green strings or not.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post

I recently got one of the S.E.T. gloves also - and like you - hope I never know how well it works.!

Post Thanks / Like

they are shooters. glad you like it

Post Thanks / Like

Default Squeekieslayer leses

I received my 4x Standard lens from Squeekieslayer over on AT. He makes his own lenses with a 6 month warranty and way cheaper than the big dog lens makers. I bought one for 35 bucks. This is the first time I've ever used a lens. What a difference in sight picture clarity!. I'm not even using a clarifier or varifier. I will be pulling the single pin out and placing a spot sticker in it's place.

Here's Squeekieslayers thread if your interested,
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1690606

Last edited by Double S; 06-13-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Robinhood!

I think the lens is helping my shooting. The next item I want to buy is a Carter easy.

Post Thanks / Like

STOP THAT! You can't afford to own stock in arrow companies!LOL Nice shooting DS.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com