Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new Scepter V. A target bow in the making.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Sounds like a plan. I can point out one major problem with it though.... You won't live to tell anyone about it! LOL

A.S
    LMAO!. I better make the will out now so I can make sure I'm buried with my bow.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear yah Don. I'm basically broke for this month. it all depends on the DEAL? I can always sell my wife's stuff for my Bow Addiction!

You have an extra hunting sight you might want to do a swap with?
    I am thinking of setting my extra Shadowcat up to shoot bowhunter freestyle with, just for the heck of it.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    I hear yah Don. I'm basically broke for this month. it all depends on the DEAL? I can always sell my wife's stuff for my Bow Addiction!

You have an extra hunting sight you might want to do a swap with?
    I am thinking of setting my extra Shadowcat up to shoot bowhunter freestyle with, just for the heck of it.
    Don.
    Sorry Don. I have a Vital gear Single pin slider. it's the sight I had on my PSE bow when i slid down a canyon and ate gravel. I don't think it's 100% accurate due to the fall. I was gonna use it just for rough sighting ins.

Post Thanks / Like

I found it on Ebay and offered a price on a 36" Ultralite Stab from Specialty Archery. He said yes. It's used but I got it at a really great price. Now i just need to find a 12" side rod and V bar adapter.
    Last edited by Double S; 03-02-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    Sorry Don. I have a Vital gear Single pin slider. it's the sight I had on my PSE bow when i slid down a canyon and ate gravel. I don't think it's 100% accurate due to the fall. I was gonna use it just for rough sighting ins.
    Do you think its bent? Would'nt be any other reason for it to be inaccurate. Bought a used HHA OL 5519 off the AT classifieds, and the scope mounting bracket was slightly bent, dissasembled it and put the bent part in the vise, and tapped it a few times with a 2lb hammer, straightened right up, works as smooth as the bought new HHA does. Look it over carefully, that mounting bracket is the weakest point in those type of sights. Here's the before and after pics, you'll notice the bend, and most likely if your's is bent , you can feel it as you move the slider up and down.

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Very SWEET!!
    M4L

Post Thanks / Like

It was slightly bent. I had already bent it back as flush as possible the day after i fell. it seems to be alright.

I couldn't resist not shooting it. I received my blade rest from Barry. Thank you Barry!. I placed the Vital bow gear Startrack single pin slider on. I added a D-loop. I'm still waiting on my Specialty Archery Peep sight kit to arrive. The 35" stab I bought off of Ebay is on it's way. I took the bow out for a dozen shots. I'm not used to using a Blade rest, so the shaft kept falling off. Once i got the hang of it I was shooting just fine for not having a peep attached. I wanted to get a feel for the shot. She is smooth too!. She's around 58-59 pounds. I'm gonna let it down to about 55 pounds once i get my other orders in.

Post Thanks / Like

My Used Specialty Archery 36 inch Ultralite Stabilizer that I bought off of Ebay arrived this morning. Now I'll be keeping an eye out for a SAP adjustable V bar bracket and two 12 inch Ultralite Sidebars to finish off the Stabilzer setup.

Post Thanks / Like

My Specialty Archery Products Peep, reducer and Peep aperture kit arrived this morning.
    1/4" Large black Aluminum Peep.
    Reducer.
    Super Ball Peep Kit # 5. it comes with a Wrench and 1/32, 3/64, 1/16, 3/32, and 1/8 apertures.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, that rest looks slightly familair Simon. Hope you like it. Good golly man, you're gonna have a ton wrapped up in accessories.

I finally, after three weeks got hold of my sales rep this morning. He was working a show somewhere. He's been very very busy and told me he's working his way down the list to me so I can order my bow, I told him to just mail me the paperwork, catalog and distributor price list. I'll fill it out and send it back. It sucks having to do it this way as he only lives 35 miles from me, but hey, a guy has to do what he has to do. And I can't blame him. He has a job to do. Usually I order my bow the first week of November. I put it off this year---apparently too long.

How about doing me a favor. Set the modules for the shortest setting and measure the draw length. I need 27" give or take 1/8". If the bow comes in too long I'll have to look at another model.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver