Thread: Do Martin Draw length modules give correct draw length

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do Martin Draw length modules give correct draw length

I have a 2011 rack attack (exile) and have the 28" module on it...set the draw stop to touch the limb at the point the cam stops rotating....when measureing the AMO draw length, I get somewhere around 28 3/4"....yet it feels like my correct DL of 27.5....anyone ever do any measureing with these acu-trak modules? di you find them to give the correct DL?

2. Likes Getready liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As with any other module they should give the correct draw length if the cable and strings are twisted to factory specs. If yours are showing 3/4" long then something needs twisted up. As for that 28 3/5 feeling like 27.5"? How long you been shooting? Reason I ask is that less expereinced archers might not be able to tell much difference in the actual length. They rely on ancho references such as the string touching the nose when a difference in a2a and string angle can make this vary. I know that after 40 years of shooting compound bows I can definitely feel a difference of as little as 1/4", especially if it is on the long side. However I always shoot bows of approximately the same a2a and limb angle configuration.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

been shooting since I was a kid, but have been shooting target for 1.5 years....the exile is only 30 ATA , while my target martin slayer is 37 ATA...could this make the draw length feel totally different?

slso, i measured the string and cable while on the bow and they wppear to be in spec....however, the ata is spec at 30.25 and I only measure 30 1/8"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdhj View Post
    been shooting since I was a kid, but have been shooting target for 1.5 years....the exile is only 30 ATA , while my target martin slayer is 37 ATA...could this make the draw length feel totally different?

slso, i measured the string and cable while on the bow and they wppear to be in spec....however, the ata is spec at 30.25 and I only measure 30 1/8"
    Obviously there's quite a differene between 30" and 37 so yes this could definitely make a difference. As for the a2a that's only 1/8" off specs. Close enough. Probably what's going on is to hit your reference point (nose on the string) you have to draw back farther because of the more acute string angle.

There could also be a case where your bow just draws longer than factory specs say. I've seen a lot of bows this way. It shouldn't be but often ends up being reality. If it bothers you you could try putting the next smaller module in the cam then see how it feels. This should put it at 27 3/4".

Another thing is to not get too caught up in the numbers. If it feels OK to you and you can shoot it accurately then so be it. I know I hardly ever set a bow to factory specs. I take them out of the bow, set the up for me and go shooting. Yes, I measure everything for future reference but whatever the specs end up being doesn't matter to me. It's how the bow aims, holds, and shoots is what I find important. Then I spend the next several months tweaking things little by little. Seems like I never set a bow up and lave it alone. There's always something to learn.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver