Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brought one back into the fold...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Brought one back into the fold...

My brother in law left Martin bows behind after he went through 2 sets of limbs on his 2008 Firecat... Said it'd be a long time before he ever looked at another Martin, and bought a Mathews Reezen.

He has seen how well my Onza has treated me, and we've had several conversations about the changes Martin has made in their technology, and debated whether or not Martin has turned the page on their past onto a better chapter.

Yesterday his Reezen derailed and blew up into a bunch of pieces! Both limbs are cracked, the cam is bent and the riser is slightly twisted. Today he and I went to a local archery shop so he could try a Hoyt, and he came home with a Cougar FC with the Fury cam.

Welcome home brother!
    Last edited by wscywabbit; 02-24-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that was a great read!!!!!
    And the best part of the whole story was the ending!!!!
    Great job wscywabbit!!
    Keep up the good work!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

oddly enough. out of all the people i know that bowhunt, i have never seen or known anybody with any bow to blow up a bow like that. and thats with any brand. I know it happens because i hear the stories, but i guess ive been lucky. My dad has a super old martin cougar, hes never even changed the strings and he still hunts with it to this day. My dad doesnt shoot continuosly though, he goes out a month before bow season and shoots about 20 times at a pie plate on a hay bail and simply says "im good". He has the original fred bear whitetail and it also has the original strings, we are talking like a 30+ year old bow. my dad is 56, hes been bowhunting 30 years and hes never tore up a bow. I hope im not jinxing myself. That is a great story, return of the prodical son ha. Smarten up and Martin up.

Post Thanks / Like

Reading things like this is exactly why I jioned this site! I have been a Bear, bowtech, hoyt owner, had been on the band wagon per say. I bought the onza, love the bow, but it is not what I went in to buy, have had the thought that I settled on a bow in the back of my mind. I like reading about the confident stories from others!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done wscywabbit!. Preaching the Gospel of Martin to the masses!. Preach on. looks like you B.I.L has seen the light...and the light reads....MARTIN!

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    My brother in law left Martin bows behind after he went through 2 sets of limbs on his 2008 Firecat... Said it'd be a long time before he ever looked at another Martin, and bought a Mathews Reezen.

He has seen how well my Onza has treated me, and we've had several conversations about the changes Martin has made in their technology, and debated whether or not Martin has turned the page on their past onto a better chapter.

Yesterday his Reezen derailed and blew up into a bunch of pieces! Both limbs are cracked, the cam is bent and the riser is slightly twisted. Today he and I went to a local archery shop so he could try a Hoyt, and he came home with a Cougar FC with the Fury cam.

Welcome home brother!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    oddly enough. out of all the people i know that bowhunt, i have never seen or known anybody with any bow to blow up a bow like that. and thats with any brand. I know it happens because i hear the stories, but i guess ive been lucky. My dad has a super old martin cougar, hes never even changed the strings and he still hunts with it to this day. My dad doesnt shoot continuosly though, he goes out a month before bow season and shoots about 20 times at a pie plate on a hay bail and simply says "im good". He has the original fred bear whitetail and it also has the original strings, we are talking like a 30+ year old bow. my dad is 56, hes been bowhunting 30 years and hes never tore up a bow. I hope im not jinxing myself. That is a great story, return of the prodical son ha. Smarten up and Martin up.

Years ago I was shooting indoors and the guy beside me was shooting a Browning bow, not sure which model. Anyway his top limb snaped off just abouve the riser at full draw and about took both of us out! His arrow actually came at me sideways and bounched off the side of my head.....he was all wrapped up in cables and string.........what ah mess!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    Years ago I was shooting indoors and the guy beside me was shooting a Browning bow, not sure which model. Anyway his top limb snaped off just abouve the riser at full draw and about took both of us out! His arrow actually came at me sideways and bounched off the side of my head.....he was all wrapped up in cables and string.........what ah mess!
    I'm glad to hear there were no injuries. Not to sound morbid or anything but I would have loved to seen that. I can only imagine the look on everyone's faces.

I had a cable derail while testing a bow once and wish I had that on video because it scared the crap out of all of us.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I'm glad to hear there were no injuries. Not to sound morbid or anything but I would have loved to seen that. I can only imagine the look on everyone's faces.

I had a cable derail while testing a bow once and wish I had that on video because it scared the crap out of all of us.
    Luckily no one was hurt bad, just skinned his wrist pretty good. The implosion was so violent it even broke the arm on his sight and sent the harmonic dampeners across the room.

Worst part is, there's no number for Matthews cs, the web site just says to take it to a dealer for repairs.

He's chomping at the bit to shoot his new bow but he alsohas to get his sight repaired!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

happy to hear your B-I-L did not get jacked up.im going to have to tell my buddy who is thinking about gettinga M bow this story.might keep him in his exile.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Going to be doing the same soon. My dad has an older Martin Cheetah that I had been shooting prior to getting mine. He has been shooting an old Storm because it fit him a little better. Going to have him shoot my Cheetah this year and eventually "sell" (family loan with $) it to him.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff