Thread: Shuttle T's, magnus snuffer ss, or G5 T 3's

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shuttle T's, magnus snuffer ss, or G5 T 3's

Well I have been playing with expandables since moving to Kentucky from Idaho, as expanables are illegal for big game hunting in Idaho. I have detirmined that the Rage's were cool, and did the job but upon a pass threw the blades swung around and snapped the ferrule, kinda turned me off from the Rage, shot the NAP bloodrunners last season have no real complaint other than for the expansion of these they did not leave as good a blood trail as the Rage. This year I am looking at the shuttle t's, the magnus snuffer ss, and the G5 T3's. I like the shuttle t's beause you can replace the blades if needed, and I have heard good things about them already, I don't know what more to say for any magnus product, my only hang up with these is I bought some magnus snuffers years ago and never could get them sharp, don't want to deal with that again, and the G5 T3's another expandable to play with! I talk back and forth with Nick Mundt (bone collector) and he says its one of the best bh's he's ever used... Any comments on the bh's is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember reading that there is something different about the new Snuffers and they sharpen better. I like the warranty too. Hit a rock and bend them on pass thru? No problem, they are replaced no questions asked. I have a set of NAP Hell Razors that I bought before finding out about the Snuffers. Had I known I would own Snuffers.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I had some buzz cuts before making the move from idaho to kentucky, M.I.A! Great bh's! I have a friend sponsored by Hoyt, he shoots shuttle t's and loves them! I have the original 125 grain snuffers, great bh but could never get them to take an edge! Thinking I might just get away from expandables all together again, I have shot regular muzzy three blades for as long as I've picked up a bow and they have always been reliable!

Post Thanks / Like

Sharpening those Shuttle Ts looks like a challenge.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would replace the blades or pay a sharpening company to do so!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll stick with the Muzzy 3 blade that I've been shooting for... well since I switched from Bear Razorheads, has'nt failed me yet, and the blade are easy to resharpen. Too much of a DIYer to pay someone to sharpen them for me! Take a look at my website, I make all of that because I could'nt find what I wanted.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade