Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help tuning my 2012 Bengal Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I'm shooting GT Velocity 300s at 28" Carbon 2 Carbon out of my Bengal at 65# with great results. Changed to these shafts for my Alien X and happened to start shooting them out of the Bengal at the same time, much better than the 5575s I was shooting prior.
    Thats what I like to hear! My Bengal max out is 68.2# so I'm guessing if I go the same 28" carbon to carbon that they should cope with that extra 3# alright then?

Thanks
    2012 Bengal Pro, QAD Ultrarest HDX, Trophy Ridge Hitman 5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I'm shooting GT Velocity 300s at 28" Carbon 2 Carbon out of my Bengal at 65# with great results. Changed to these shafts for my Alien X and happened to start shooting them out of the Bengal at the same time, much better than the 5575s I was shooting prior.
    I've ordered some GT Velocity Hunter 300, will let you know how they go once they arrive. Thanks guys
    2012 Bengal Pro, QAD Ultrarest HDX, Trophy Ridge Hitman 5

Post Thanks / Like

My gut would say to give the BG 100 a try for now. You already have them, right? Why buy something else if they work. I did check the GT website and the BG 100 has an inside diameter of .246 so you can use all the component you have. That arrow is going to shoot a lot slower than the Ultralights, but you did say it was for hunting and I don't imagine there will be much long range shooting involved.

Now if you find a need for speed and flat trajectory there is always the 22 Series at 7.3 gpi. They are a .300 spine and can be fitted with Easton 215/2117 unibushings that should work for the Lumenocks. This setup would be crazy fast. LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver