Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scepter V Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scepter V Question

Well one of my scepter in a couple of weeks ago and I'm in the process of setting it up. My question is how do I raise the draw the draw weight about 5# when the limbs are maxed out. What do I twist up or untwist. Draw length seems short cam settings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    Well one of my scepter in a couple of weeks ago and I'm in the process of setting it up. My question is how do I raise the draw the draw weight about 5# when the limbs are maxed out. What do I twist up or untwist. Draw length seems short cam settings
    you will put you bow out of specs if you start un/twisting cables to get that five lbs.you will have more load then what the limbs are ment for and could cause limb failure.whats the max DW?.i would have goten the higher DW from the start.if you really want that much more LBS trade of your limbs for higher poundage limbs.

welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

The bow has 60# limbs but will only reach 55#. I'm going to try a different scale today to see if my scale is off. The inspection tag said that the bow was 59.2 when it left the factory. I can live with that. My other scepter that I haven't removed from the bag has an inspection tag that reads 55.3# by that logic it will only reach around 50# on my scales. I just have forgotten how to adjust strings and cables on binary cams (old age) to reach the specific draw weight, hold weight I'm trying to achieve. I'm an old finger shooter ( I know that says it all) and want to have a let off of around 65% at 60# of draw weight. I guess I will start twisting things up and down and see what happens. I just thought someone could/would give me a head start.

Post Thanks / Like

why not call martin and talk to Joel? i was told to twist up the cables, but i was too chicken to mess with the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

is the ATA,brace height all in specs?im suprised no one has came in with answers to your question.i deal with single cam bows so im no help with yours..........till i get one of my own that is.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Carlos where in Indiana are you located, I'm in Muncie. We probable know each other or have ran into each other over the years. I put 13 twists in each of the cables last night that brought the draw weight up to 60.3. I'm going to shoot it set like that 50 or so times to let the cables settle down a bit then I can ensure that the cams are in sync and start tuning it up. Seems to be a little more difficult for a finger guy to get his equipment set to where he is comfortable with it. I spent a lot of time with my Shadowcats to become comfortable with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default gravedigger

brace is 7 1/16 and a to a is 39 15/16 so its still with in spec I'll just keep playing with it until I get it where I want it. I just couldn't remember which way to go with the cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity what scale are you using? I hope it's not one of those hand held Cardoza's. Every one I ever tried pulled about 4-6 lbs light.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default bfischer

using an electronic scale I think its the one Mr. Coffee sold Several shops around here use them. I checked mine against another at the shop and they were the same reading

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Found the solution.

The trick is in the draw stop adjustment. After you set the draw lenght set the draw stop a little short. you will still get the draw lenght you need with
    a better back wall. its the same way you are to adjust the percent let off. I increased my back wall by 7#s for target shooting.