Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help? Fury and Nitro cam question??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help? Fury and Nitro cam question??

Hi, i am in the market for a new bow, i went to my local dealer today and shot a Cougar with the FuryXT cam. Very nice bow but the cam seemed a little harsh for me. Then i shot the Silencer with the Nitro Cam, Wow, very smooth to draw back. I really liked it. The dealer said the Nitro cams are faster and Fury is slower but jeez, the nitro seemed SO MUCH smoother and comfortable to shoot. I would have thought the Fury would have been smoother. I guess my question is, i'm wondering if the Cougar with Nitro cam shoots kind of like the Silencer pro? Any info would be greatly appriciated.. Im not concerned about speed,i want a smooth,comfortable bow to shoot and hunt with.. On another note i shot a Hoyt Rampage also. The bow was a 60-70# but set at 55#. It had a heck of a Vibration in the handle.. I noticed the Martins didn't have any vibration.

Post Thanks / Like

Look into a martin onza! Nitro dual cams, smooth draw, good speed, and quiet! Oh and it will cost you less than a Rampage!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't shot the Fury XT cam to be able to compare them but do find the Nitro to have a pretty nice draw cycle for a speed cam. I do have to ask you if both bows were set for the same draw weight and draw length. If they were a different draw length that can make a huge difference. However, being as both the Silencer and Cougar are the same a2a I would say that if you were blindfolded you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them if they have the same cam system and set up the same. Could it be that the Machining of the Cougar appeals to you more? It is kind of unique looking.

Oh by the way, welcome to the Tech Forums.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

The Silencer and Cougar FC are twins. The Cougar FC gets the cool cat claws in the riser, the silencer is more open. The cougar with Nitro cams is going to shoot just like a Silencer with Nitro cams because for all intents and purposes they are the same bow. The Cougar is in the Pro line and the Silencer in the Gold line. For $40 more I liked the claws and thought they were worth it, but that is just a personal preference. I have the 2011 Firecat 400 which was renamed the Cougar FC in 2012.

I hope that helps you out.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I haven't shot the Fury XT cam to be able to compare them but do find the Nitro to have a pretty nice draw cycle for a speed cam. I do have to ask you if both bows were set for the same draw weight and draw length. If they were a different draw length that can make a huge difference. However, being as both the Silencer and Cougar are the same a2a I would say that if you were blindfolded you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them if they have the same cam system and set up the same. Could it be that the Machining of the Cougar appeals to you more? It is kind of unique looking.

Oh by the way, welcome to the Tech Forums.
    I too have to ask if both bows were set up the same? Im shooting a Fury XT and its one of the smoothist cams Ive ever shot. Ive got my bow maxed out at 72 lbs and it takes no effort to draw it. I was even skeptical that the limbs were 70 lb limbs........but the scale dosnt lie.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

The draw lengths were very close but the poundages were different. I think I may have to really stress them setting my draw length and poundage I shoot to get the exact feel. Thanks again for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think the Fury cam's draw is just a little harsher than the Nitro's. I've played with both and I can tell there's a difference. But if you think about it, the dual cam has two cables and two cams splitting the work load so it would be a little easier. Especially since there's only 10-15 fps difference between the two (depending on bow and brace height) . And with the increase in speed the Fury cams have over the Accutrak, you would expect them to be a little harder of a cam.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I have both 2011 Fire Cat 400 Nitro Cam and 2012 Cougar with the Fury Cam. Both are very good bows. Comparing the two bows the Fire Cats draw is a little smother and the Fire Cat yes is much faster. The back wall on the Cougar is muck better, especilly if you're in a tree stand. My primary bow is the Fire Cat 400 as it shoots a little flatter out after 50 yards. I do shoot the Cougar with better accuracy then the Fire Cat and is a little more forgiving on release. Both bows are set with the same set up 29/70lbs w/ Limb Driver standard and Black Gold 5 pin Rush. You can't go wrong with either bow to hunt big game with. You may want to look @ the 2012 Pantera as it has a 34 ATA with a 7' brace and shoot out to 330fps and is $499.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why isn't anyone mentioning the Bengal Pro?

Since I'm primarily a treestand hunter the Bengal and her 31" ATA are sweet. Yes, the single Fury Cam does have a little hump but I feel that's expected with a single cam. The draw up to that point is very smooth though and the back wall is to die for....it really locks in. The adjustable range in draw weight and draw length is where the Fury XT really shines and was a great selling point. By the time I'm done with it my wife, daughter or son can use it without any difficulty. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy_camping View Post
    Since I'm primarily a treestand hunter the Bengal and her 31" ATA are sweet. Yes, the single Fury Cam does have a little hump but I feel that's expected with a single cam. The draw up to that point is very smooth though and the back wall is to die for....it really locks in. The adjustable range in draw weight and draw length is where the Fury XT really shines and was a great selling point. By the time I'm done with it my wife, daughter or son can use it without any difficulty. Just my 2 cents.
    They are not mentioning it, cause the thread was about 2 different cams the Fury and the Nitro, the Bengal is not offered in both cams. Bengal is a good bow, but that is not what the thread is about. Read the original post.