Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help? Fury and Nitro cam question??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ibo

Are the Nitro Cams reaching their IBO? I know that this has been a problem with Martin in the past, Including my bow,a 2009 MOAB, that they have not been able to reach the advertised IBO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coachjdub View Post
    They are not mentioning it, cause the thread was about 2 different cams the Fury and the Nitro, the Bengal is not offered in both cams. Bengal is a good bow, but that is not what the thread is about. Read the original post.
    hmmmm did you read the ops post at all.it was a question on cams and a bow in question.just because the other guy does not own the bow in question does not meen he did not add to the thread.the fellow above was giveing his 2 cents on the furry xt and nothing more.you should really read through the place and get to know what us folks are about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    hmmmm did you read the ops post at all.it was a question on cams and a bow in question.just because the other guy does not own the bow in question does not meen he did not add to the thread.the fellow above was giveing his 2 cents on the furry xt and nothing more.you should really read through the place and get to know what us folks are about.
    That's correct. I'm looking for any kind of info on nitro or fury cam owners and bows for that matter too. I greatly appreciate all info on Martin bows, just gettin a feel for which cam I should get. I did originally want the Bengal (and still might) but I was amazed by the smoothness of the nitro cam. I need help, lol. I don't know what to buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwatts View Post
    That's correct. I'm looking for any kind of info on nitro or fury cam owners and bows for that matter too. I greatly appreciate all info on Martin bows, just gettin a feel for which cam I should get. I did originally want the Bengal (and still might) but I was amazed by the smoothness of the nitro cam. I need help, lol. I don't know what to buy.
    the only bow you should buy is the one you want.all the good things i have heard on the nitro cams are pushing me twords a them,but with the new fury it has so many options for dl and dw it is crazy.i have not shot either of the new cams but man i am glad im not in your shoes right now lol.to many good chioces it like a kid in a candy shop.

my insight is i would want to get a bow with the new fury xt so i can shoot it and i can set it up for my wife to shoot it,that is the selling point for me.but i also want to the nitro cams as well.

what ever you get buddy im sure you will love it.oh and post up some pics when you get what your looking for.when i get mine im just going to say i got a bow and not tell what i got.lol

Post Thanks / Like

what ever you get buddy im sure you will love it.oh and post up some pics when you get what your looking for.when i get mine im just going to say i got a bow and not tell what i got.lol
    That's not allowed. You not only have to tell us what you got, but pictures are manditory for you. As a mod you're supposed to show a good example. LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Apology

Sorry didn't mean to stir the pot. I was a member on here for years, but haven't' visited i a while and my screen name was gone when I tried to log on last night so had to create a new one. I found lots of info when I bought my MOAB a few years back.

I did read the original post and the question was "I guess my question is, i'm wondering if the Cougar with Nitro cam shoots kind of like the Silencer pro?"

So that is why I didn't think an opinion about a Bengal added much to the thread. Sorry I was wrong. I am very interested in this topic of the two cams. In particular the IBO on the Nitro Cam. Just wondering if it will meet the advertised IBO. The brace height with the advertised IBO and the comments of a smooth draw on the Cougar are very appealing to me. I hope to stay in the Martin family with my next bow.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant answer about the Couger or the Silencer but I do know ah little about the Pantera ( FuryXT) and as of tonight I picked up an Onza III ( Nitro ) to go along with it. Both bows are very , very smooth.......both of my bows are maxed out.....Pantera at 72lbs and Onza at 73lbs and it takes nothing to draw these bows. I dont notice any extreme build of force with either cam. The Nitro is fast, very fast......the Fury XT is pretty plain Jane as far as speed, however along with the Pantera this is a very accurate combo, this is my 3D rig. In the next few days Ill know more about the Nitro cam.........Im pretty sure Im gonna like this bow!!!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    That's not allowed. You not only have to tell us what you got, but pictures are manditory for you. As a mod you're supposed to show a good example. LOL.
    ohhh it will just be till it gets to my door,then it will be on like donkey kong.kind of like what NN did when he got his.no doubt lots and lots of pics.got to set an example,not on spelling of course

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry didn't mean to stir the pot. I was a member on here for years, but haven't' visited i a while and my screen name was gone when I tried to log on last night so had to create a new one. I found lots of info when I bought my MOAB a few years back.

I did read the original post and the question was "I guess my question is, i'm wondering if the Cougar with Nitro cam shoots kind of like the Silencer pro?"

So that is why I didn't think an opinion about a Bengal added much to the thread. Sorry I was wrong. I am very interested in this topic of the two cams. In particular the IBO on the Nitro Cam. Just wondering if it will meet the advertised IBO. The brace height with the advertised IBO and the comments of a smooth draw on the Cougar are very appealing to me. I hope to stay in the Martin family with my next bow.
    No worries man, we're all friends here.

As to whether Martins bows will reach IBO, I'd have to say yes. I have an Onza, which has the Nitro cams, and have done some extensive playing with it. I have no doubt it would reach the stated speeds. The 2011 Firecat 400 (2012 Cougar FC) has a shorter ATA, a shorter brace, and these two components should get the extra 5 fps between it and the Onza.

For a little more evidence check the videos about the Onza reviews at Ike's Outdoors. Watch the original review first, then the "retested" video:

http://www.ikesoutdoors.com/2011-bow-reviews.html
    Last edited by wscywabbit; 02-28-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for that,no doubt you are a man with morals.alot of us have a hard time staying on topic....kind of keeps things fun with good info to boot.we got hacked last march i think it was and alot of info was lost.you account was probly one that got lost as well....darn hackers anyhow.now a days the admins,mods and super mod keep all the spammers out.and sorry if i came off as a... you know what.