Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limb Driver Maxx Upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

Default Limb Driver Maxx Upgrade

Anyone have any knowledge on this? Put it up on AT but tend to have better luck here

I swapped my LD to run off the bottom limb like in this picture.

I'm wanting to go with the Maxx upgrade, but don't know with the arm being down on tension if the button will hold the string without any risk of it slipping off?

2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

That will work just fine - if your worried about the loop slipping off you can always just put a couple larger diameter plastic washers on each side of the loop.
    Cam/axle shims work great.
    You can also just get a button head screw from the hardware store and two nylon washes - build your own cord out of an old bow string and diy...

Post Thanks / Like

I get my stringmaker to do me a limbdriver 'string' when he makes the new set for the bows, that way it matches.
    I use regular cap headed screws with rubber washers on the arm and they work a treat.
    The button head screw with the rubber 'O' ring that comes with the maxx kit works well, I have one and it has never let the loop slip off.

Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishKev View Post
    I get my stringmaker to do me a limbdriver 'string' when he makes the new set for the bows, that way it matches.
    I use regular cap headed screws with rubber washers on the arm and they work a treat.
    The button head screw with the rubber 'O' ring that comes with the maxx kit works well, I have one and it has never let the loop slip off.

Kev

Thanks Kev, saw your post on AT too, appreciate that. I think going forward I'll be doing the same when I get new strings. I have a feeling I'll be shooting these rests almost exclusively going forward. Got in touch with Jim to see if he'll throw one together for me, already have a set of strings in the mail from him, but got the rest late this week. In the mean time, I have some colored d-loop cord I could use, but will most likely just hold out until I get the string, but I've been known to get ants in my pants.

Need to run to one of the shops and pick up an arrow holder, didn't get one with this rest since I got it as a swap from AT.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

wait a minute...so are you telling me on my limbdriver pro v I can run my string to the bottom limb? that would be great becuase i have the axel armotech hs hd pro sight and i cannot adjust the rail back because it bumps into my limbdriver string, if i could mount it on the bottom, i could bring my sight back a couple inches and it would make my bow a little less top heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    wait a minute...so are you telling me on my limbdriver pro v I can run my string to the bottom limb? that would be great becuase i have the axel armotech hs hd pro sight and i cannot adjust the rail back because it bumps into my limbdriver string, if i could mount it on the bottom, i could bring my sight back a couple inches and it would make my bow a little less top heavy.
    I don't know about the proV - haven't seen on in person, but if it has the same mech as the pro, I can't see why you couldn't? For this it was just a matter of taking the "lever" and reversing it. I haven't shot this rest yet, but I can say with how easy it has been to set up and tinker with, I already love it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Where did you find out about this max upgrade. Does vapor trail offer it or is it just a jerry rig

Post Thanks / Like

The Maxx upgrade deal is just a kit that gives you the buttonhead screw, washers and a string built like your bowstring rather than just d-loop cord that comes with the LD.
    As Kev said - you can just have a string maker build you the string to match your string set - get a screw and washers on your own and set it up. No big deal.

As far as running the LD off the bottom limb - all you do is reverse the arm that the cord attaches to on the rest and then run the cord to the bottom limb.
    Dont matter what type of cord you have on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just tossed Jim a note/payment for a string. Probably end up switching it back to top driven, he has all the spec/etc for that so to make it easier, no reason to not just go with the top drive.

But for those wondering, it will work off the bottom limb

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pic of a string set and LD string that Jim built for my AZ ran off the top limb.

One thing to consider is that you can get a LD rest string built 'long' and then just use one loop to attach it to either the top or
    bottom limb and then cut the other end to length and attach it to the rest arm just like the standard cord.
    I have a bow set up that way and I just put an 1/8" diameter piece of heat shrink tubing on the string to protect it where the set screw holds it on.
    Works great.
    All you have to do to adjust it, if neccessary, is twist up the string the same as you would your other string/cables.
    IMG_0605.jpg