Thread: Alien X Mods ... Got a problem

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alien X Mods ... Got a problem

Not sure how I didn't notice this before, but when I was swapping out the strings tonight I came across this.

IMAG0173.jpgIMAG0174.jpgIMAG0175.jpg

There is quite a bend in the mod and pretty sure it's cracked on the back side. That and now I'm pretty sure this is the root of the serving wear I was seeing on the other strings. No idea how this happened to be honest ...

What and how do I go about getting the mods replaced?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

If it's not possible to get it solved between you and the person you bought it from - I would just order a new set of mods from Martin or your Pro Shop.

You already have new strings - make sure everything else is good - if so - replace the mods and set the bow up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    If it's not possible to get it solved between you and the person you bought it from - I would just order a new set of mods from Martin or your Pro Shop.

You already have new strings - make sure everything else is good - if so - replace the mods and set the bow up.
    Got a feeling I'm going to end up "S" creek on this one. I sent him a message on AT. Haven't seen anything else that would cause concern, but this one jumped at me when I just happened to look down when routing the cables.
    Last edited by droppixel; 02-28-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's one of the greatest bows in the world.
    Know it bites but - - if it is just a messed up module, you can get a pair and set it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know the cost on these? I might just have to bit it and order a set. If the seller is nice enough about it, might be able to get a little bit of the money from him to offset the cost.

Saying the bow is a 9 out of 10 and then I find this ... doesn't make me to happy.

Post Thanks / Like

The answer is pretty simple really. If you have a dealer near then have him order you new modules. If that's not possible then a call to Martin customer service, specifically the warranty dept, and they might ship you new ones. Joel has been known to take care of Martin owners even if they are not the original owners. 1-800-541-8902
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

that'd be great! I don't know how much of the warranty info carries through the life of the bow, the said he hadn't had it registered yet and that was part of the appeal to me. He said the shop he bought it from sent the info in for the warranty after he purchased the bow. Don't know if that is accurate or not, but definitely want to get this fixed. I have only taken a few shots with this bow so far and want to get it shooting again as soon as possible. This just bums me out to receive it like this, but that is part of the risk in used bows I guess.