Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shootings in your area?

Post Thanks / Like

Default shootings in your area?

are you guys getting gang shootings in the citys around your parts.i know that every morning that i turn the news on ther has been atleast 2 gang related shootings a day for the past month.it is gettin crazy in portland.more and more people getting shot every day.the other day 2 homeless people were shot wile they were sleeping under a bridge,it was a drive by.one was shot in the chest the other in the side.

my wife wants to take the kids to the zoo but i wont let her take my kids any where near portland.road rage shootings,drive bys,walking shootings,in house shooting,kids shooting kids,a guy i once knew shot his dad in the head last year fron not taking him fishing.IT IS GETTIN CRAZY OUT HERE.

so how is your area,safe and sound or are you staying away from the big citys too.
    Last edited by gravedigger; 02-28-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in rural Oklahoma no gangs here,just plenty of yotes and hogs.................

Post Thanks / Like

I live in the opposite corner of OK from Speedy. Not many gang related shootings here either, and if there is it is usually gang to gang and that doesn't bother me as long as no innocent bystanders get hurt. Around here a large portion of the population (farmers, rednecks, hicks and military) carries hardware so maybe that has something to do with it? Thugs don't want to shoot if they think there will be return fire.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Harrisburg the news just announced last night that some dude became the 3rd fatal victim this year. This one a stabbing. However, in recent years inner cty Harrisburg has ramped up the bars to draw the liquor crowd and lately there have been a lot of fights and brawls. A lot of it is caused by younger guys with high testosterone levels. Add some booze and all hell can break loose. Thankfully I live in the suburbs away from all that crap. In all honesty I rarely ever lock my doors till bedtime or when I go out of town for a week. Never had any problems in 35 years, but the 9mm can solve any that come along if need be.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

it is crazy out here.i live 30 min from portland in the last town befor you get to the coast.stabbings happen a lot in P town and other areas near me.forest grove is not a small town but not a lot of crime.we have our tweekers,drunks,and bangers but they are killing them selfs off.good to hear yall are good and out of the way from all this crap.no way will i ever go to portlan,heck i only leave forest grove 3 or 4 times a year....not counting hunting and time in the woods.most of the time i forget to take my keys out of my rig but that comes from liveing in gaston,a place where every one knows everyone and ther is just a fight now and then to settle up.yall stay locked and loaded.

Post Thanks / Like

Southeast Kansas is pretty much gang free, but we are cursed with alot of druggies, etc. TONS of thieves around here though, goes with the drugs. More thieves than you can shake a pistol at. Thankfully, I have ALOT of pistols. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in rural southern Indiana but I work in the west end of Louisville Kentucky....................in that part of the city shootings are a way of life. So far this year 5 murders and non fatal shootings.......lots!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Southeast Kansas is pretty much gang free, but we are cursed with alot of druggies, etc. TONS of thieves around here though, goes with the drugs. More thieves than you can shake a pistol at. Thankfully, I have ALOT of pistols. lol
    keep shakeing them pistols at them geekers and throw in a .50 cal or 3 wile your at it

Post Thanks / Like

I am approx 40 miles north of Atlanta, they have a shooting every day, in my area we have what I call wannabes and they are as dangerous as the real deal in my opinion,But we have very few incidents that are actually gand related.But it will eventually creep north to my area.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well GD, with Boston Mass only 2 hours south of me. I am glad I live in the woods. Deep in the woods. I think that helps. Also they know we all can out shoot them

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com