Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shootings in your area?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I live in the opposite corner of OK from Speedy. Not many gang related shootings here either, and if there is it is usually gang to gang and that doesn't bother me as long as no innocent bystanders get hurt. Around here a large portion of the population (farmers, rednecks, hicks and military) carries hardware so maybe that has something to do with it? Thugs don't want to shoot if they think there will be return fire.
    i live in a small town like you guys , theres more going on that meets the eye. drugs are the main thing that causes all the trouble. i watch channel 7 news & weather, i think lawton okla. is one of the worst cities for home invasion & drive by shootings.i'm not intending to knock anyones city, but ever day on the news they have something going on , i don't envy any police officers in any of the larger cities, they got thier work cut out for them, and it is going to get worse i think but hope i'm wrong.{ JMO }
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

We live in a nice quite small city, less than 10,000 people. Does'nt seem to be any gang activity, the city police do what most small town cops do... Obey all traffic laws here, or you'll be talking to one of them!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    i live in a small town like you guys , theres more going on that meets the eye. drugs are the main thing that causes all the trouble. i watch channel 7 news & weather, i think lawton okla. is one of the worst cities for home invasion & drive by shootings.i'm not intending to knock anyones city, but ever day on the news they have something going on , i don't envy any police officers in any of the larger cities, they got thier work cut out for them, and it is going to get worse i think but hope i'm wrong.{ JMO }
    I agree with you that Lawton has much more crime. I believe there are about 100,000 people in Lawton. Here in Altus we are small in comparison, about 17K or smaller I think. We have drugs here no doubt, and the drug scene seems to make for a high percentage of the crime. To GDs original post about gang related shooting we don't here of many here and if there is it is usually gang to gang stuff. If they want to thin themselves out I don't have a problem with that. Hell, I would supply the ammo if they wanted to shoot it out in a safe environment where only they die!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Portland has been getting crazy lately. I live an hour north of seattle and it hasnt been too bad up here. I dont worry about taking the kids to the zoo. I drive down in that stuff every day for work and road rage dont seem to be too bad. I am just really careful and keep an eye on everything.
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear

2012 Martin Cougar FC, Fury XT cam
    CE PileDriver arrow, 535 grains
    Speed: unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad I dont live in a big city. Here in Berkeley spring there are no gangs. Here every one know everyone so if some one get out of line we all get after them. Before I had kids I live very close to washington DC. Having kids makes you change and think about were you live. Here me and my wife do carry a weapon when we go away from home.