Thread: PETA killing dogs and cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default PETA killing dogs and cats.

PETA has been killing dogs and cats,who knew..not I.http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/24/do...#ixzz1nP1mXYuv

Post Thanks / Like

The Humane Society goes right along with that too. The largest Anti-Hunting group in America, yet they "euthanize" (KILL) countless animals every year. If noone wants the pet within a few weeks, it's usually put to sleep. I understand and realise that there are too many cats and dogs running around out there, but what makes anyone think that putting them down is any more noble or humane than taking a game animal? One big reason I won't get a dog from the Humane Society anymore. I'll only go to the city dog pound. I'm not going to sponsor anti-hunting sentiment.
    Another is the World Wildlife Federation. All these companies TALK about helping animals, yet most of their money is spent on salaries, and advertising. It's a damn shame in my opinion.

Side note, HUNTERS are the largest contributors to wildlife restoration and habitat in this country. Also the largest group of contributors to wildlife preservation. Maybe that should tell PETA, WWF, and the H.S. something..........
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    The Humane Society goes right along with that too. The largest Anti-Hunting group in America, yet they "euthanize" (KILL) countless animals every year. If noone wants the pet within a few weeks, it's usually put to sleep. I understand and realise that there are too many cats and dogs running around out there, but what makes anyone think that putting them down is any more noble or humane than taking a game animal? One big reason I won't get a dog from the Humane Society anymore. I'll only go to the city dog pound. I'm not going to sponsor anti-hunting sentiment.
    Another is the World Wildlife Federation. All these companies TALK about helping animals, yet most of their money is spent on salaries, and advertising. It's a damn shame in my opinion.

Side note, HUNTERS are the largest contributors to wildlife restoration and habitat in this country. Also the largest group of contributors to wildlife preservation. Maybe that should tell PETA, WWF, and the H.S. something..........
    well said.so much stuff i could say about PETA but it has allready been said by so many people.it would be nice if insted of taking in strays,they would set up spay and neuter stations so the pet population can try and get under control.as far as then against us hunter that is just going no place and fast.even if some how them people get hunting banned just wait for a few years.deer and bears plus all other wild anamils will take over the land that has been used for houses and towns.it wuld get crazy...then people will be beggin for all us hunters to go out and do what we do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    well said.so much stuff i could say about PETA but it has allready been said by so many people.it would be nice if insted of taking in strays,they would set up spay and neuter stations so the pet population can try and get under control.as far as then against us hunter that is just going no place and fast.even if some how them people get hunting banned just wait for a few years.deer and bears plus all other wild anamils will take over the land that has been used for houses and towns.it wuld get crazy...then people will be beggin for all us hunters to go out and do what we do.
    At that point, they will hire a goverment hunter to come in and shoot them, much more humane than recieving license and tags fees from guys like you and I, probably because we enjoy the hunt.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

They are already doing that on some of the islands along the east coast, and in some larger cities. Way more ecologically sound/humane for paid hunters to come in and shoot them, then just throw away all the meat. Read an article a year or so ago about it. They took 28 deer off one little island to control the population. The average deer was 75#. Poor things were so starved they were eating people's plants, gardens, etc. A year later, the average weight of the deer was up to 90#. Now, they are foolish enough to think the deer are getting healthy again, so there's no need for population control.
    I also saw a picture of several of the deer that had been "thinned out" by the "professionals". 1 out of 4 had made a good, humane kill shot.
    BSD strings and cables

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I'm sure that 28 lucky lincensed and tagged hunters could have done the same job AND done it cleaner.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I also saw a picture of several of the deer that had been "thinned out" by the "professionals". 1 out of 4 had made a good, humane kill shot.
    So much for the Ethical Treatment of Animals part of their group.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

elk, I totally agree. Their "professionals" worry about a paycheck. We true hunters worry about ethics amd humane kills.
    BSD strings and cables