Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One expensive hobby

Post Thanks / Like

Default One expensive hobby

Good lord when I break it down archery/hunting is one expensive hobby for the up-front costs. Still buying stuff for this new bow and I'm still not done yet! So far I have got new strings and ld string, arrows and vanes, arrow holder for the LD, sight (sold the other to offset some cost), new nocks, sling.

Mind you this bow came complete ... I'm just goofy and have to have it my way. Plans to get an Apache Stab, Bohning Chameleon quiver and the new Carbon STS yet. In the end it is all worth it.

Just gotta wait for the new mods to arrive and I'll be all set to get back to shooting again. I should have my arrows cut and fletched by then.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

darn straight it is spendy,lol.on my elk hunting trip i spent around 800.00 for the month,and that was just on food,gas,some beer for after them 10-15 mile walks a day,lots of watter...heck i even hualed my LA-Z-BOY recliner out to my camp(not a added cost but sure was nice).

on my bow i have spent.
    martin bengal new with rest and sight-350.00
    12 arrows-100.00
    6 muzzys-30.00
    quiver-25.00
    wc string-110.00
    my new sight-50.00
    catwhisters-2.00
    ccs/sts-84.00

total setup
    751.00.thats crazy i spent more hunting then i did on my bow

Post Thanks / Like

Most adult hobbys are $$pendy or we wouldn't have them. I'd hate to figure out how much the wife & I have invested in archery. My Elk hunt set us back $1800 and that's with a resident tag & DIY. However, my other hobby is way more $$$$$$.
    Your looking at $2400 per car here to be competetive. Then like archery a ton of expensive support equipment is required.

Click on the last picture, it's an older video.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    Most adult hobbys are $$pendy or we wouldn't have them. I'd hate to figure out how much the wife & I have invested in archery. My Elk hunt set us back $1800 and that's with a resident tag & DIY. However, my other hobby is way more $$$$$$.
    Your looking at $2400 per car here to be competetive. Then like archery a ton of expensive support equipment is required.

Click on the last picture, it's an older video.
    my BIL is big into them cars and crawlers.them things are fast fast fast.my cuz worked for a nice hobbie shop for around 3 years so cars and parts were cost.then the planes/jets oh boy big cash.

Post Thanks / Like

got a nephew into that, moved on to remote airplanes had to laugh when he crashed one uh i mean every one, a little worried now he bought a real one, one of those ultralights, i think he has too much money i think he needs to get married. that will take care of his money problems

a couple of years ago i decided to start brewing my own beer instead of investing in ice fishing equipment, i think i made the right choice
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

My last hobby was/is designer vinyl toys & art ... probably have close a grand worth of stuff in my room.

That's not all of it, I have a stash of prints that I haven't displayed yet.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    My last hobby was/is designer vinyl toys & art ... probably have close a grand worth of stuff in my room.

That's not all of it, I have a stash of prints that I haven't displayed yet.
    The things we do. I'll be 52 in a few days & I also collect diecast car characters from the orignal Pixar Cars movie. Believe it or not, there's close to $1000 here and they are only getting higher.

Ole' Lizzy here is currently going for well over $100 if you can find it. I got her for $28 almost a year ago. Bessie the road paver is very rare and $150-$250.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that my hunting bow setup was expensive!. Now that I'm trying to get my Target bow setup together. It blows the hunting setup away. I collect Prison / jail Badges, Patches, Batons, cuffs, etc. It too can get expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I thought that my hunting bow setup was expensive!. Now that I'm trying to get my Target bow setup together. It blows the hunting setup away. I collect Prison / jail Badges, Patches, Batons, cuffs, etc. It too can get expensive.
    No foolin, a good target sight is 1/2 or more the cost of a bow.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my other hobbies, well a couple of them any how.

The truck has 4200 miles on it as of today. I put about $1500 in it in about a week of buying it. The bike is an 09 and has about 10,000 miles now. the pic was taken 2 summers ago in Montana.

2011 Ranger XLT, 3" body light, 33x9.50x15 BFG mud terane tires mounted on 15x8 ProComp steel wheels and a few other toys

2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, lots of mods and add-ons, new top and side bags not pictured. I love this thing.

Hobbies are pricey, but money aint got no home and you cant take it with you.
    Last edited by deerchser; 03-01-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear

2012 Martin Cougar FC, Fury XT cam
    CE PileDriver arrow, 535 grains
    Speed: unknown