Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Tune Fury XT Cams??

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to Tune Fury XT Cams??

Hey there! Just got my Pantera Magnum and I'm so excited...only to be frustrated on how to tune this thing!!

Help me out martin techies!

Pantera Magnum pro, 60# RH fury xt cam.

I adjusted centershot, got my d-loop on, peepsight on, and adjusted it to the -10 peg for currently @ ~48#. Now...

How do i get my desired draw length? (its 27" btw) The dl module is such a pain, i cannot seem to get it to exactly my desired dl, it feels awkward to hold and shoot.

And also the draw stop peg. How do i know the % let off i have currently and what is the optimum setting in relation to dl and poundage? I've heard moving the peg too much up might derail the bow or even get it stuck at full draw!

Im a newbie at this, i welcome any instructions or even criticisms as long as its constructive.

I really need some help here, would very much appreciate a tutorial or something to help. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new bow Im sure youre gonna love it! Ive got the Pantera also Im shooting a 29.5" dl. The way I sat mine up was with trial and error, two people work best in order to get the draw stop into position. I loosened the stop after setting the cam module to the setting I wanted.....for me its on 3.5.....then I drew the bow while my friend tightened my draw stop as it made contact with the limb. After that I tweeked the stting for the desired valley. I never changed my post setting. If you go back in the forums you will find a post called Pantera and Bengal. .....this post goes into detal about the different post sttings and draw weight.........versues draw length.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    Congrats on the new bow Im sure youre gonna love it! Ive got the Pantera also Im shooting a 29.5" dl. The way I sat mine up was with trial and error, two people work best in order to get the draw stop into position. I loosened the stop after setting the cam module to the setting I wanted.....for me its on 3.5.....then I drew the bow while my friend tightened my draw stop as it made contact with the limb. After that I tweeked the stting for the desired valley. I never changed my post setting. If you go back in the forums you will find a post called Pantera and Bengal. .....this post goes into detal about the different post sttings and draw weight.........versues draw length.

Thanks for the input, i keep on doing trial and error and keep on getting frustrated, i just cant get to that sweet spot. Ill keep on trying different module positions.

How do i "tweak the string for desired valley"?

and isn't it dangerous drawing the bow without the drawstop pegged on??

Post Thanks / Like

The thread I spoke about earlier was a review of the Pantera and Bengal, I feel it wil answer your questions. As for adjusting the draw stop the way I did it was to set the module to the desired setting......then just loosen the draw stop enough to slide.........as I drew the bow (slowly) and acheived the lentgh I wanted my buddy tightened it in place. After that if I wanted a longer or shallower valley it was adjusted by moving it + or - until I had the setting I wanted. This worked for me.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

First off, dropping back one peg to the -10 will also change the draw length by about 1/2". That being said, there is no real "perfect" or "right" way to set the draw/letoff, its just personal preference.

Set the draw length module so that it is close to your actual draw, then do like Thermo said and get a friend to move the draw stop into place at full draw. Now you can tweak this setting by just moving the module a little one way or the other to tweak your drawlength and make it comfortable.

If you want to play with the amount of letoff, move your dl module over one spot, and repeat the above proceedure. The longer the draw (higher the number), the more the draw stop will have to be towards the (-) side of the letoff setting, meaning a shorter valley and higher hold weight at full draw, and of course it works the other way around as well, lowering your hold weight and widening the valley the closer it gets to the (+).

Hope that helps!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

How much of the DL (in inches) will change per increment of fury xt cam module number change? does anyone have an idea?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deadeyeshot View Post
    How much of the DL (in inches) will change per increment of fury xt cam module number change? does anyone have an idea?
    The Fury XT is adjustable in 1/2" increments with the mod. A move from one full number to the next full number will yield 1" of change while going in between the full numbers will yield a 1/2" change. Hope this helps.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

How do you adjust the carbon fiber sts?

Post Thanks / Like

Loosen the set screws so it can be turned and moved in and out. Turn it until the string sits in one of the grooves and just almost touches the inside of it. Tighten the screws. You should be able to turn the rubber part just a little to fine tune it then.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

How should the sts be adjusted to? can some one post a pic so i can better visualize? this is cause i've adjusted it and according to the manual it should be barely touching but i've put it until it is touching the riser part already but is still making alot of contact with the string. how do i adjust this more? is it okay to be in contact with the riser part?