Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Tune Fury XT Cams??

Post Thanks / Like

tttttttttttttt

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deadeyeshot View Post
    How should the sts be adjusted to? can some one post a pic so i can better visualize? this is cause i've adjusted it and according to the manual it should be barely touching but i've put it until it is touching the riser part already but is still making alot of contact with the string. how do i adjust this more? is it okay to be in contact with the riser part?
    post a pic of how you've got it set now and we can go from there. There should be a gap between the sts and the string approx. the width of a credit card.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    post a pic of how you've got it set now and we can go from there. There should be a gap between the sts and the string approx. the width of a credit card.
    I would agree with this most of the time, but with my Pantera I got the best results with the rubber stop just touching the string...........not deflecting the string, just touching. Even though I changed the stop to a limbsaver brand I had alot less noise and hand shock with the stop touching the string.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is, my problem is i feel like its still touching the string too much after adjustment but i cant go any further, the sts is already touching the part connected to the riser.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Just from the picture it dosnt appear to have to much contact. My settup worked best with the string making contact with the stop.............its kinda hard to tell from your pic but the string dosnt appear to be deflected at all...........have you shot it and how does it sound?
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly this is my first bow and i dont know if its loud or not or what its supposed to sound like. Sorry about the picture ill try to take another one, If you can see, the sts device's base part is in contact with the riser connector(dont know what its called), Is this okay? This is as far as i can go with the adjustment or is there another way to adjust it?

Post Thanks / Like

the sts on my Onza is setup the same way... I think you'll be fine
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks fine like that.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input! i can rest easy knowing its setup correctly.

I heard alot about paper tuning, actually most from the internet and tried it myself. So here goes, forgive me for posting lots of pictures.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

What do you guys think? is my bow tuned properly? I'm a total newb and This bow was tuned by the shop i bought it from btw. I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions if it is tuned or if not, how i can get it to be tuned.

Thanks a bunch buds!

*Dont know if this is relevant but Im using 60# Pantera Magnum 2012, Easton Platinum plus 2114, Trophy taker blade .10 rest, Sure-Loc Challenger, Cartel Scope .50, Carter atension, Currently set @ 50#, 27" DL

**side note: how do i delete pictures from manage attachements in order to upload more pics? thanks again!
    Last edited by deadeyeshot; 03-19-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

All is well - - - shoot it and have FUN.!!!