Thread: Need new sight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need new sight

I sent my 11 Onza in to have it retro'd with a riser that will accept the sts, have new strings and generally get it back to 50lbs peak weight. While it's off I am wanting to replace the sight, need 4 pins. Most of my hunting will be from a ground hide as I can't get up a tree anymore. Will try to keep shots inside of 30 yards, 420grn Axis tipped with a Magnus Buzzcut 4 blade. I have an IQ Bowsight on my Diamond Iceman and like it alot but don't know if I can spring for the $ until I can sell a rifle or two. Know anyone wants a fur killin machine, Rem. 700 BDL 6X weaver in 17 remington or a CZ Varmint in 204 Ruger. Getting old and need brighter pins. See a Truglo 5 pin with one .40 bright pin for $39 at Cabelas. Will remount a Ripcord rest and a 5/16 peep or the Whisperlite that's still on the old string.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the TR Firewire V5 sight and really like that. It has 5 vertical inline pins. It makes it really easy to see the target. The pins are micro adjustable with a allen wrench. I also have a Truglo 5-pin that worked pretty well last year but I am not big on the horizontal pins. Both sights come in .019 and .029. I went for the .019 but my glasses say I should have gone a little bit bigger. Good luck.
    Last edited by deerchser; 03-01-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear

2012 Martin Cougar FC, Fury XT cam
    CE PileDriver arrow, 535 grains
    Speed: unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Sword Apex Hunter, I picked up from huntersfriend.com for $59.99. It has 4 pins, mine are .19 and the sight is all metal and I really like it. You can go to swordsight.com and build your own 4 pin sight with different size and color pins for$79.99.
    Last edited by Money Man; 03-01-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    2012 Alien X