Thread: Camps and hunting rigs

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Camps and hunting rigs

I have a thing for camp sight pics and hunting trucks. Lets see some pics of both.

Here is our camp. Wabbit and I have been hunting this area together for about 12 years.

Wscywabbit exiting his office

The old hunting rig

New hunting rig
    Last edited by deerchser; 03-01-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear

2012 Martin Cougar FC, Fury XT cam
    CE PileDriver arrow, 535 grains
    Speed: unknown

Post Thanks / Like

i never took pics of my hunt camp,it was allwas too dark when we left and when we got back,and on the last day i am allways to tired to think of doing so.but in the part of camp i set up for me i have a 20'x30' tarp for shade,my LA-Z-BOY recliner that i do bring with me(it is so nice to sit dow kick up your feet and drink 1 or 4 down after a 10-15 mile walk),my 20'x12' tent just for me,a twin size matress as well,around 6 coolers,1/4 to 1/2 cord of fire wood,i build a kitchen set up with wash sink and cook counters,shower setup around 30' behind my tent and thats not all i bring.i like to spend 5-10 days in the woods and i am going to do it in style.no electric...althou my hunting partners say i should start bringing the 42" flat screen lol.
    my hunting rig and i borrow a trailer from my BIL to hual everything

Post Thanks / Like

Nice set up. I have a 12x15 tent, stove, cooking area (the blue shade tent) and a shower is coming this year along with a tarp for shade.
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deerchser View Post
    Nice set up. I have a 12x15 tent, stove, cooking area (the blue shade tent) and a shower is coming this year along with a tarp for shade.
    the shower is a must buddy,when i did not have one i foune myself trying to run from me but it just dont work lol.washing in the lake was allright but cold.colmen solat camp shower 7.00 each at wally world.i got 2.this year if i can go for sure i will take pics after i set up.my wife works nights and i work days so it is really hard to find a sitter so i can try and go elk hunting for a long stretch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    the shower is a must buddy,when i did not have one i foune myself trying to run from me but it just dont work lol.washing in the lake was allright but cold.colmen solat camp shower 7.00 each at wally world.i got 2.this year if i can go for sure i will take pics after i set up.my wife works nights and i work days so it is really hard to find a sitter so i can try and go elk hunting for a long stretch
    I hear ya. The shower is a must. I have a 3 gallon water tank on my stove so we just fill it up and get it hot, set it on the tail gate of the truck and wash the best we can. It works pretty well. The lake that is close to us you would come out of dirtier than you went in. My wife works at home and the kids are in shcool so there is not much of an issue to going hunting for me.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of rigs, and the tents, a Cabela's BigHorn and the Grubhorn I made from two Cabela's vestibules. Out of the pics is the 'office'. ES has a great pic of the Horns under a foot of snow, unfortunatlly that pic is on his laptop, the one that now has a broken power jack ( being repaired, so maybe we'll get it back ) from Grandson's first elk hunt.

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade