Thread: Saber or Jaguar?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saber or Jaguar?

Im looking at both bows and heard reviews that the jaguar is very loud is the saber worth the 50 dollars more for the newer noise and vibration dampeners?? i hav had troubles finding reviews on the saber thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum.are you looking into trad bow or compound?

Post Thanks / Like

Trad. ive shot compound all my life and looking into trying to take an animal with a recurve.

Post Thanks / Like

The Martin web site tells us that the Saber is a step up, a bit better bow than the Jaguar, probably because of the additional 4" in length, and the addition of the V.E.M.s, although the Saber has a wider brace height range, The Jaguar brace is 7", the Saber's brace height is 6.75 to 8.5. At 6.5, it will have more power stroke = faster and at 8.5 = forgivness, but less power stroke. Most of the noise one hears from a Jaguar is string slap, which can be tuned out, by twisting or un twisting the string to get the optimum brace. Yes, recurves need to be tuned. Since the Saber is new for this year, most likely it will be hard to find an online review of the bow. If I was looking for a metal risered recurve, I'd try the Saber with it's additional 4" in length, everything being equal, a 64" bow will be smoother than a 60" bow. Especially if you have a long draw.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

i was wondering the same thing. I will be using it mostly for bow fishing so the faster the better to get through the water but that rubber on the shelf concerns me because of the water possibly rotting it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoodtrix View Post
    i was wondering the same thing. I will be using it mostly for bow fishing so the faster the better to get through the water but that rubber on the shelf concerns me because of the water possibly rotting it.
    the rubber won't rot,the glue may come off but in a case like that use marine glue.