Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengal ? string wear

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bengal ? string wear

HEY, I have a ? about the new bengal I got about 1 month ago. My string is really wearing out where it comes off the end of the fury cam. I have only shot around 50 or so shots and it has wore through the serving and now is through the 1 strand of string.It is below the speed ball and at the end of the last part of the cam. Any suggestions and,or, what should I do?

Post Thanks / Like

I would either take it to your Martin dealer and have them look at it, or call Martin customer service and ask them about it. Even if you have to leave a voice mail they will get back to you ASAP...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Post up some pics of the string and cam so we might see it.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

would like to send you pictures but bow is at the pro shop where I got it. But we have been trying things to fix the problem with little luck. put new serving on it and it took it off in about 20 shots. looking to see if any one else is having the same issue as me? I do have a black bengal and was looking to see if there was maybe a limb or cam issue for the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I am having the same problem with my new bengal. I will post some pictures of my string. as you can see the string running to the right side of the came. that or iam seeing things. sorry have to read on picture resizing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by motohead1967; 03-04-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

MOTOHEAD, the problem with the pics is not the size, but the focus. YOu're cameraa is too close to the subject matter.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your input, but the picture you sent is wear on the buss cable, my wear is there also but it is more on the string I am going to go get pictures in the next day or so when I can get time to get to the archery shop and I will up load some pics. I am just a guy looking for answers to solve a problem. Love the bow and it shots very well and have been a martin owner before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by welder75 View Post
    HEY, I have a ? about the new bengal I got about 1 month ago. My string is really wearing out where it comes off the end of the fury cam. I have only shot around 50 or so shots and it has wore through the serving and now is through the 1 strand of string.It is below the speed ball and at the end of the last part of the cam. Any suggestions and,or, what should I do?
    Sounds like there is a rough spot at or near or transition from the cam to module. Check to see if the string tansfers smoothly, and that there is no tool marks there, if so take them out with a fine file and sandpaper.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Sounds like there is a rough spot at or near or transition from the cam to module. Check to see if the string tansfers smoothly, and that there is no tool marks there, if so take them out with a fine file and sandpaper.
    4x5, you're making reference to the cable where it transistions from the cam to the module. His problem, if I understand it, is right at the spot where the STRING comes off the cam. My Nemisis did this when I first got it. What I did was removed the string and rolled up some 400 grit sandpaper and chamfered the inside edge of the cam almost the whole way around the string groove. Then I applied some ML6 string wax to the serving at that point and rubbed it in real well.

Now that was last March and I'm shooting the same string and serving with little to no further damage. What guys fail to do is inspect these areas often and just keep on shooting when the problem mightbe fixable before things get out of hand. This is where experience plays a hand.

What needs done is to redesign the cam with more of a V shape to allow for any cam lean/limb twist. If the string doesn't track dead straight off the cam this problem arises. Also maybe serve with smaller diameter end serving.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the phone with the bow shop on the string wear for my bengal 2012 bow. The shop owner got with martin this week and they did a picture inspection and came up with a plan to replace the cam and put new string and cable on it and give it a test run. Thank you all for your input and I will use your advice if this does not fix it this time.