Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengal ? string wear

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse me but it sounds like you have a pretty goods shop. Rather than mess around with trying to fix something and mayb not fix it he took it to the people who can and will do something about it. I knoe we extol Martin's cusyomer service here and on other forums, but a good shop can also be part of that equation. Hope everything works out. Keep us posted so that we learn just what the problem is and what the proper fix is.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting similar wear at the point where the buss cable comes in contact with the draw length module. Nothing feels sharp, I waxed the area really well and will keep an eye on it. Would an extra layer of serving thread do any good or could the extra thickness cause potential derailment?
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motohead1967 View Post
    I am having the same problem with my new bengal. I will post some pictures of my string. as you can see the string running to the right side of the came. that or iam seeing things. sorry have to read on picture resizing
    The 1st pic shows where the cable is coming into contact with the hub, the draw stop most likley is set a little too long. The cams that are shipping now have the hub cut back a little bit more to eliminate this, in the event the stop is set too long.

The 2nd pic shows fairly normal wear on the serving for this type of module, its just the serving/string seating into the track and shouldn't get any worse, if it does get to the point of the serving coming undone, reserve it with either .014-.017 halo and that should take care of it.
    The take up (module) track on most single cam bows can be fairly hard on serving if the proper serving isn't used and applied under enough tension. I believe Martin uses 3D end serving which is a very good general purpose end serving, but halo will generally wear a little better on the module track.

Not sure about the 3rd pic.........a little out of focus to make out any problem.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy_camping View Post
    I'm getting similar wear at the point where the buss cable comes in contact with the draw length module. Nothing feels sharp, I waxed the area really well and will keep an eye on it. Would an extra layer of serving thread do any good or could the extra thickness cause potential derailment?
    An extra layer or thicker serving would only make things worse and it wouldn't fit into the cable groove well and would likely cause premature wear where it rubs the edge of the groove. Read Archerx7's post just above this.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim,
    That's exactly what it looks like. It really isn't cutting the serving just kind of mashing it at that location. I'll try and take some better pictures and post them.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy_camping View Post
    Thanks Jim,
    That's exactly what it looks like. It really isn't cutting the serving just kind of mashing it at that location. I'll try and take some better pictures and post them.
    Pretty normal for that style module, its just the cable/serving forming itself to the shape of the track itself as its going through the mod under tension. That style mod has more of a V shape than a U shape and because of the small diameter of the mod and the sharp radius the cable has to go around, it will try to form itself to the track.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Hey its me again and I got my bengal back last night and did a little shooting today. After about 20 shots I saw there was the same string wear as I had before the new cam, string, and cable. I did take notice that it was not as bad as before, so I took action and used your advice. I took the string off in my press and took sand paper to the inside and outside of the cam for about 2 inches and used easton synthetic bow wax on the string at the wear points and filled the cam up with a layer. Took the bow out and shot 100 or so shots and no wear anymore! Thank you all so much for all your advice. Hats off to you bfisher for this important piece of info. Thanks again Welder75 .....

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome, but keep an eye on it and if it continues I would contact Joel at the warranty dept. Please consider that they may not shoot the bows as much as we do and if nobody reports such problems then they have no idea that it is happening. You kow the old saying----no news is good news.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Bengal Pro 2012 string wear

I have a bengal pro with the same problem. First I shot it about 5 shots a peace of the serving was sticking out from the cam. took It to the bow shop. They told me the pin on the cam were the string connects was bent a little. Martin sent them a new string and cam they put it on. shot it about 50 shots
    today. The string is wearing in the same place right were it comes off the cam
    Last edited by barryd; 03-10-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

100_2262.jpg100_2264.jpg Here are some of the pictures of my string wear before I got the new cam and string from the pro shop. I think that if I wouldn't have sanded it, I'm sure it would have did it again.