Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengal ? string wear

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same thing happen this week on my Pantera, I had noticed the serving kinda wearing for a couple weeks but it didnt seem that bad, I shoot this bow alot becuase its my 3D bow..................was practicing Tuseday night and the bow was shooting great really dialed in and I was pumped about the shoot tomarrow.....................then I looked down and saw that the serving was toast. I called Martin CS and spoke with Joel and they are sending me a new cam plus string, I shouldm have it by this Tuseday. Joel was great and I appreciate thier service very much. My question is has this problem been resolved or am I gonna recieve a cam thats gonna do the same thing? I have no problem with dressing the cam if thats what it takes.........thats what Dremmel tools are for, but the bottom line is I shouldnt have to. Sorry just aggrevated about missing the shoot tommorrow.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bengal Pro 2012 string wear

Thanks for the pics welder75. I'm having the same problem. I've wax it good going to watch see what happens. I'm Going to call
    Martin monday see what they say.If I have to I'll work on the cam. I really like the bow. It shoots really good, its the Black one just like yours. I've had Martin bows for 30 years, a little bit disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thermodude, you do what you want but I have went through 2 servings on same string, And I started to wear off the serving on the 2 nd. string, that is when I took bfishers advice listed in this thread a few posts ago. The pro shop and I did prolong the string for awhile with gorilla glue to keep on shooting when we reserved the 1 st. string but that was not a fix. I posted today and at that post I had 100 or so shots after sanding the cam. I went out to my range and shot another 100 + and still looks like a new string. Good luck.... wax and sandpaper good fix... NOTE I'm not sure I would use a dremmel 300 grit sandpaper worked and was real quick.

Post Thanks / Like

Dremmel buffing tool with automotive wax works great........result is a glass finish, my concern is that obviously this is a known problem and are the cams being sent out at this time revised or the same?
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

My new cam was sent on FRI. March 9 2012 and it was not revised on the 2012 bengal. Was the same cam as I had...

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Pantera back couple days ago with a cam and shooting string change. I got it set back up and shot it yesterday morning, after about 20 shots I realized the problem was still there. As bad as I hated to have to do this to a new bow I took it apart, sanded and buffed the inner edge of the cam were it was wearing into my serving. I packed the cam with wax and so far it seems to be working. I really hope that this problem is being looked into.
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    The 1st pic shows where the cable is coming into contact with the hub, the draw stop most likley is set a little too long. The cams that are shipping now have the hub cut back a little bit more to eliminate this, in the event the stop is set too long.

The 2nd pic shows fairly normal wear on the serving for this type of module, its just the serving/string seating into the track and shouldn't get any worse, if it does get to the point of the serving coming undone, reserve it with either .014-.017 halo and that should take care of it.
    The take up (module) track on most single cam bows can be fairly hard on serving if the proper serving isn't used and applied under enough tension. I believe Martin uses 3D end serving which is a very good general purpose end serving, but halo will generally wear a little better on the module track.

Not sure about the 3rd pic.........a little out of focus to make out any problem.
    That would be exactly what I would say. Everything from the photo shows normal string wear with exception of photos 1 which clearly shows minor damage from an improper position of the draw stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    That would be exactly what I would say. Everything from the photo shows normal string wear with exception of photos 1 which clearly shows minor damage from an improper position of the draw stop.
    joelc hi,welder75 here and I posted pictures. 2 of them not 3 and they were on thread page 2,post #20. I'm not sure if my string wear is normal? And I just worked on a cougar with a fury cam and there is a very defined ridge on the end of the cam where the string ends and I sanded it as well. PROBLEM SOLVED but I shouldn't have to ..... new bow .... Just frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy bengal string wear

Took my bow to the shop. They sent it back to Martin, who knows how long that will take. Shop aready put one new string and cam on it. Really Disapointed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    Took my bow to the shop. They sent it back to Martin, who knows how long that will take. Shop aready put one new string and cam on it. Really Disapointed
    Keep us posted on what you find out!
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35