Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bengal ? string wear

Post Thanks / Like

There was a little lip on mine also, no biggie it was a quick thing to smooth out. I might take a look at it again just to see, but still would like to find out what the optimal rotation of the cam is and where the cable should come to rest in the mod. Anything we can do to figure out the best performance out of these new cams I'm all for.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very interested in this thread, Ryan. I've been fiddling with my draw a bit also. I've recently moved from the 3.5 hole to 4 hole on the module to try and see if my draw stop was creating the wear on the buss cable serving. As soon as I move the draw stop to a comfortable back wall it seems to contact the same spot on the cable. If I push the stop to the minus direction the cam feels like it wants to take off. I think I'm just to the plus side of half way on the draw stop. I'll try and attach some pictures tonight.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very interested in this thread, Ryan. I've been fiddling with my draw a bit also. I've recently moved from the 3.5 hole to 4 hole on the module to try and see if my draw stop was creating the wear on the buss cable serving. As soon as I move the draw stop to a comfortable back wall it seems to contact the same spot on the cable. If I push the stop to the minus direction the cam feels like it wants to take off. I think I'm just to the plus side of half way on the draw stop. I'll try and attach some pictures tonight.

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy_camping View Post
    This is what I am getting also. I definitely found out that taking mine to 4.5 it was just too long and trying to shorten it up with the stop made the let-off crazy low. So I went back to 4 and set it again. I think I have a good spot, think the key is to keep an eye on the edges of the modules, but still would like to hear from Martin if possible where and what the optimal rotation of the cam should be, where the cable should rest in the mod.

The other thing with the wear and this isn't a slam, I think is the servings. Some of us are used to Halo serving which really stands up and these just feel a bit different assuming it might be 3D or similar. This is just the nature of the beast and something we will eventually figure out, but I can say with 100% certainty as a whole that I love this Bengal.

Post Thanks / Like

Any status updates from anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't heard anything specific, but I do know mine is shooting lights out! Keeping an eye on the strings/cables haven't noticed anything major aside from a little separation as the cable runs around the poundage posts. Just filled it in with wax and worked it in really well.

I'm sure if one of the "super" tuners gets a hold of one more info might drop out. Hard to know since the cam is so new yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm doing the same thing. Bow is shooting fantastic, just keeping an eye on the serving in that spot.