Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bengal ? string wear

Post Thanks / Like

Default single cam bows

This has always been a problem on single cam bows not just martin. go the mathews fourm and you will see what I am talking about. a good serving will fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coastie hunter View Post
    This has always been a problem on single cam bows not just martin. go the mathews fourm and you will see what I am talking about. a good serving will fix it.
    I do agree that there is a normal wear factor with single cam bows ,most of it being with cable wear. The problem thats talked about most in this thread concerns mostly shooting string wear at the top end of the cam. Ive experianced this problem twice with my Pantera. The last time was just after a cam and string change. I found what seemed to be the problem area at the top of the cam, sanded and polished it..........so far it seems to have worked. Im carefull to keep lots of wax in that area and hope my luck with it continues.
    Last edited by Thermodude; 03-28-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Default bengal string wear

New bow has been gone for a month now. I dont know what's doing on. Really disappointed. If somthing dont happen this is my last Martin bow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    New bow has been gone for a month now. I dont know what's doing on. Really disappointed. If somthing dont happen this is my last Martin bow
    Have you called to check on the status? If not 1st thing on Monday Id give Martin CS a phone call.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Call and find out whats going on, I had to send my Bear in for service a couple of years ago and it took forever, I called them and came to find out they accidently shipped it with the wrong address and it got stuck in limbo had to be returned to the factory and then reshipped, simple mistake it could happen to anyone, my point is get the facts before you jump to conclusions and go on a rant about customer service, Martin has a great reputation so I'd give em a fair chance

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy string wear

This is a new 2 months old. been in shop for two weeks. New cam and string. shot about 60 shots same problem. Shop said they couldn't fix it they sent it to Martin cs They've had it a month.I think they 've had a fair chance. Only owned it 2 months. my hard earnrd money paid for this bow I think I have a right to want my bow back.
    Last edited by barryd; 04-23-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

A month is'nt all that much time when you concider the bow is traveling cross country, twice, your shop could'nt figure it out in two weeks, might be that the techs in Walla Walla are working hard on your bow, give it some time.......Just sayin.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

^^ And if it is warranty it isn't going to cost you anything. Better than having to drop $70 on a new set of strings and if the cams are defective, they will be replacing those as well. Think of the cost that could be associated with this if you were shooting another brand that isn't as generous with their customers. I know not having the bow in hand really sucks, but for what they do for us, it is worth the wait in my opinion. Everyone here understands your frustration, but as Joel said once here - "you'll catch more flies with honey"
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

This is a new 2 months old. been in shop for two weeks. New cam and string. shot about 60 shots same problem. Shop said they couldn't fix it they sent it to Martin cs They've had it a month.I think they 've had a fair chance. Only owned it 2 months. my hard earnrd money paid for this bow I think I have a right to want my bow back.
    My hard earned money just paid for a new Bengal as well, I waited 2 months to get it and if something goes wrong with it I'll send it back to Martin and wait to get it back, thats just how it goes, if you think it's taking too long quit whining about it and call them.

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to check on this myself to prevent any wear if possible. I know you aren't going to be able to stop all of it, but any is good. How does this rotation look, I'm guessing it might be too far and that the tick near 1 should be parallel to the cable? **Edit** Figured out that the minus should not be parallel ... guess just trying to figure out what the correct "stop" would be for the cam rotation. Don't want to over do it.
    Last edited by droppixel; 04-27-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff